Once-In-A-Lifetime Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;545252 said:
no new photos la... cannot afford to pay for progress yet. wallet is still recovering from shipping cost of airfreighting a differential from the states :stupid:

I feel your pain bro..hehehehe..:wink:

mizhan;545252 said:
no new photos la... cannot afford to pay for progress yet. wallet is still recovering from shipping cost of airfreighting a differential from the states :stupid:

Bro, airfreight?????!!!! a differential?????!!!!! Probably cost as much as the differential itself....!!!!???? :eek::eek::eek:

Is it a differential that can't be found here? I thought miepower had quite a good selection of diffs recently haha.

the recent posting by mie is for open diffs. i was looking for a limited-slip one with a particular ratio.

Mizhan, how much difference will you feel open diff compared to LSD for on road use? I got LSD 4.1 on my e30, but freaking thing is wining, will most probably need complete rebuild with new bearings installed or adjustment. Was thinking to let go of mine, replace back with original gear ratio open diff which is in much better condition.

option A: if advantages of LSD for onroad use not existant, sell off as is, and replace with open diff in better shape
option B: if advised to keep LSD, will rebuild.

Thanks.

Oh specific ratio, ok ahha. I remember Mr_Racun has some LSDs recently too, but probably not the ratio you wanted. :)
Are you gonna beef it up with a M Coupe diff mount? :) + maybe the finned diff cover? :D

that was not my question. Question is: why would i want to swap with open diff? How is LSD different for onroad use? I have no plans to smoke my tires, so why the heck for do i need it?

it has arrived.. after more than 2 years of searching

seals will of course be replaced, then the casing will get some cleaning.

349.jpg

350.jpg

kgb;546458 said:
that was not my question. Question is: why would i want to swap with open diff? How is LSD different for onroad use? I have no plans to smoke my tires, so why the heck for do i need it?

LSDs help by ensuring power goes to both the driving wheels, instead of just the one with lesser traction. makes takeoffs quicker and twisty bits fun :)

more random shots

354.jpg

355.jpg

the old worn out steering universal joint was knocked out.

kgb;550141 said:
your engine bay looks empty though.

engine is 15 kilometres away at another shop; crossmember, struts and arms currently being sandblasted/painted at yet another place.

Bro,

The bonnet holder look lil rusty is it? Maybe u can spray undercoat or anti rust thingy.
Sure dun wan it to infected the rejuvenated bodylicious:top:

Top Bottom