oil level and radiator's water level

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tcl

Club Guest
hi all sifu recently my e39 oil level lost 1/2 liter wen i wen to ipoh and come bac to kl. my driving speed till ipoh would be 80 to 130km/h is tat normal? and my radiator tank water level drop one level each week based one the mark on the tank is tat normal?

hi mileage cars in excess of 200k km will consume oil.driving the car hard does the same.but you shud note that the oil level must be chk'd with the engine cold,in the mornings b4 first start of the day.

for the coolant,in a perfect system,shud not require any top up.my kanchil went 3 years without ever needing any top up.not a drop!so get yr cooling system pressure tested to find the leak source.there's definitely a slow leak somewhere.

tcl said:
hi all sifu

recently my e39 oil level lost 1/2 liter wen i wen to ipoh and come bac to kl. my driving speed till ipoh would be 80 to 130km/h is tat normal?
and my radiator tank water level drop one level each week based one the mark on the tank is tat normal?

tcl ... hurry and no delay ....... sent you car to yr workshop and check the cooling systems before something worst happen. Check the water pump, expansion tank, termostat and the rubber hoses for any leak. If your car mileage is 100K, just change the whole thing. This is one of the weakness of e39 M52 engine, especially pre year 99 model (single Vanos)

YAzid

Jyazid

i had change hold set cooling sistem and jus had my engine overhauled T T

i know whats wrong..
your mech never use new head bolts.. your head gasket is leaking.. be prepared for a complete overhaul.. your engine is a timebomb now, waiting to blow.. dun waste time.. chop shop engine kosong is about RM7k..

you dun see the leak.. it leaks into your combustion proses..no trace of water or oil leak.. yup i m serious..did your mech put in new head bolts ?

pussy said:
you dun see the leak.. it leaks into your combustion proses..no trace of water or oil leak.. yup i m serious..did your mech put in new head bolts ?

Oh shite.... better get mine checked too. I am not getting excessive pressure in my cooling system but got some hydrocarbon stains in my expansion tank. Need to top up half a cup of water a month, no water in oil and not loosing oil (even after 1 year).... wonder if I have the same problem too.

flash said:
Oh shite.... better get mine checked too. I am not getting excessive pressure in my cooling system but got some hydrocarbon stains in my expansion tank. Need to top up half a cup of water a month, no water in oil and not loosing oil (even after 1 year).... wonder if I have the same problem too.

Not applicable to 2.0 .. coz not powerful ennuf :rolleyes:

Anyway .. like what Miau said - head bolts .

pussy said:

The same thing happened to my friend's W210, waste a lot of money and time to troubleshoot this.

But pussy jangan bagi this tcl takut la..... baru 3 bulan pakai e39 la, sudah spent RM15K at one of the famous w/shop in Kayu Ara. The 2nd last bill is RM 2K ++ and one of the detail is skiming and labour RM1,300.

Pussy pls help this boy ..... kesian dia... sent him to fatty yr blood brother.

YAzid

lol thx yazid btw yesterday my hp was run out of batt hahha and i got to rush to site so we chat wen i free and wen i kumpul all the bill ten we meet up and tt haha now the ting im thinking is how to let the mech think that this is big problem and not normal coz he's been telling me tat is normal ..............sigh

tcl is a boy ?

never mind, we will all help settle his problem.. any good bmw mechanic can resolve it.. just that he better be quick to settle it..

regards.

Hi. Don't mind me bringing up an old thread. May I ask how many water hoses are there to be changed in a 2.5-litre M54 engine? I was told there are some which are hidden and have to open up the engine to see them. Thanks.

ALIAS;544927 said:
Hi. Don't mind me bringing up an old thread. May I ask how many water hoses are there to be changed in a 2.5-litre M54 engine? I was told there are some which are hidden and have to open up the engine to see them. Thanks.

Try looking at the diagram...hope that helps

235.png

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DT42&mospid=47541&btnr=11_2637&hg=11&fg=35

or try the above link for the description

Top Bottom