Oil Leak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Juan Powerblow

Club Guest
Is it normal for a 5-month old car to have an oil leak? Just last night, my mom told me there were traces of oil where I parked the car when I visited my parents. By the time I checked on my own, I had reparked the car back at my condo for 3-4 hours and thankfully noticed the liquid was just H2O except for a small dot of the black stuff. I'm thinking of getting it checked properly but it's been a ridiculously busy week. I just serviced the car a month ago. Essentially, I'm just checking with you sifus whether it is normal for a car to emit a teenzy weenzy bit of oil spillage.

anything is possible. Just get it check by putting the car on a ramp so you can check for residues of oil.

Aiyaaah... So leceh! I will check again later since I left the car at the same spot for almost 18 hours dy.

JPB,

Ask them to check your fly wheel oil seal. It happened to my car and it seems to be an inherent problem with the N52B25 engines. Mine leaked at about 10K km. If so it will be a 1 full day job was they will need to remove the gearbox to get to the fly wheel.

Hope it's not the case with your car.

Sometime I hate the UDM for being too low because can't crawl under and inspect ourself. And even if one manage to crawl under, there's so many under carriage protector until U can hardly see the engine from the bottom.

I just inspected one CBU Japan E46 318i and as usual like inspecting JDM, I peek under from the front. Damn, can't see anything!

Hope its not brake oil yah!!

Can be power steering oil, ATF oil or engine oil.

Thanks everyone! As Alvin said, there's a myriad of possibilities. I intend to check if there's any puddle on the floor today (again). If there's a leak, the earliest I can send the car in is Tuesday next week. You guys have provided great input! Thanks again!

Juan, get it checked ASAP. So long as the oil leakage is not serious, should be ok for 1 or 2 days (provided you don't really drive long distance). I have heard from a customer that he faced the problem of oil leakage in his brand new E60 525 M-sport too during the 1st 2 months when he got his car. He almost gave up (thinking of selling off his car) but since the car was under warranty, he got it fixed and he is now a happy and proud owner of his ride :)

Maybe one day should borrow his car, never driven a E60 525 M-sport b4.

Keep us updated on what went wrong ok?
Cheers

Top Bottom