Observations from Kemaman

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Eggie86

Club Guest
Hey guys,Just wanted to share with you my brief experience whilst on the road from Kuantan Airport to Kemaman for work assignment. I was thankful enough that the taxi my client arranged was a pretty wicked looking W210 E Class, with Brabus rims and low profile tyres. And the most amazing thing was that the car was completely quiet throughout the journey. Very impressed. The car's even more silent than the E32 and the W124 my mum currently has... :4:Anyways, the brief drive along the East Coast Highway was quite good, and there were very little vehicles around. Nice trunk roads to Kemaman and Kijal too, although the road conditions are quite appalling at times, with uneven roads and potholes littering the place. What I wanted to share though, was that I actually lost count of the amount of Bimmers I saw along the way. Mind you, not all models, just one. E39s. I suppose those East Coast guys really love their E39s. Seen many nice examples driving past, & if not mistaken, only one was stock standard. :4:Also got the chance to see the E60 M5 overtaking recklessly along the trunk roads, with a rather imposing Ford Pickup tailgating him all the way, weaving in & out of traffic. Guess the driver was in serious need of visiting the loo... Wow, one day must really free up some time to join you guys for an East Coast run... :top:

eggie, there are many E60 525i in the east coast running quad pipes :wink:

mizhan;590286 said:
eggie, there are many E60 525i in the east coast running quad pipes :wink:

..true...plenty of those around ...btw if it was a true M5, dont think the F pick-up truck will be able to tail-gate it :top:

Hehehehehehehehe!!! A car that has a M engine should be debadged......hehehehehehe

dzuljazz2001;590317 said:
..true...plenty of those around ...btw if it was atrue M5, dont think the F pick-up truck will be able to tail-gate it :top:

Haha perhaps it was a replica. But when the car was tailing the car I was in, I saw the side mirror and roughly wondered why the front air dam was different from the usual E60s. And that side mirrors the car had, it was the ones with the black trimming underneath. M5 side mirrors?

And yeah, quad pipes with ///M badging and the m-style rear bumper. The pickup wasn't a run of the mill one either. That Ford was raised with super huge rims and loud exhaust. Guess the driver was in a hurry to reach Cherating.

As it is, how to differentiate ori from fakes... :4:

ssmann;590320 said:
Hehehehehehehehe!!! A car that has a M engine should be debadged......hehehehehehe

Like yours ka bro. :4: Maybe put sticker la, RB20 inside...

one sure way to spot a fake is to check out those bigass pizza sized brakes. You can never go wrong. They can do all they want on the exterior, but not many will actually spend the dough to do some brakes.

bimmerholic;590590 said:
one sure way to spot a fake is to check out those bigass pizza sized brakes. You can never go wrong. They can do all they want on the exterior, but not many will actually spend the dough to do some brakes.

Cool. But curious that since they got the dough to actually afford the conversion [bodykits, side grille, rims, quad pipes and the works], why not do the brakes as well... Haha, maybe cos the don't have the V10 under their hoods. :4:

My taxi ride whilst in Kemaman.

imag0637r.jpg

imag0638j.jpg

Loving those Brabus rims. :love:

Eggie...only way to know is test power la....if you see the bugger take off whilst you are gasping...then you know there is a monster or 2 under the hood la.....hehehehe

And yes, debadge and keep it subtle is the way to go. Only choose who you want to play with. Cannot play all cars and cannot also always layan those who wanna play.

This is like a 5k a shot hooker la...get to choose who you hook up with one....cannot simply simply....hehehehehe

In Kemaman itself, there are a lot of BMW. I have a friend who have E32, 1 series, e90 335 & 320, e60 in his garage... That 1 person alone already have 5 BMWs at his garage... :)
AFAIK, there is one genuine M5 in kemaman.

zamtresco;591422 said:
In Kemaman itself, there are a lot of BMW. I have a friend who have E32, 1 series, e90 335 & 320, e60 in his garage... That 1 person alone already have 5 BMWs at his garage... :)
AFAIK, there is one genuine M5 in kemaman.

Yeah. Seen many E39s actually. I didn't go to Kemaman town sadly. Would've loved to try their famous coffee and keropok lekor! :4:

guys

drive ahead to PAKA, a number of E60 and E90 here....do dail ma number and we can hv mini TT. :)

My tire guy told me there's a distinct visual difference in the wheel arch styling between the normal e60 and the M5s with the M5 a little bit more flared compared to the normal e60. I've yet to have the chance to compare these 2 side by side so I don't know if it's true although my tire guy has worked on numerous m5 and e60s before so I guess maybe he's right.

The easiest for me to spot a faker would probably be the brakes. Not many would actually dish out the dough to get their brakes swapped as well since they're so expensive and probably even if there are 2nd hand ones it will still cost a big bomb.

that is not an m5... first reason; all e60 m5 doesn't have foglights.. it needs the foglights space to make air vents for its brakes... 2nd reason the side mirror is of normal e60. And I doubt there's a difference between m5s and non m5s flare..

Iylia H;591887 said:
that is not an m5... first reason; all e60 m5 doesn't have foglights.. it needs the foglights space to make air vents for its brakes... 2nd reason the side mirror is of normal e60. And I doubt there's a difference between m5s and non m5s flare..

Bro, I think I am with Loafer on his comment. If not mistaken, I did read before that the 530i upwards have a slightly more aggressive look about them. Maybe cos of their rims. But I do feel that the M5s have a slightly wider & flared rear wheelarches.

Hmm, then the E60 I saw at Kemaman must've been the real deal, cos the side mirrors and front bumper resembled one. :4:

We'll only find out if we can have the M and non-M side by side :). Any volunteers?

i've heard of that claim too bro.. and since then i've been comparing pictures of m5 and normal e60 (520i).. i still couldn't find the difference between both arches... both arches start and end at similar place... and the bulge look identical, and so does the height.. and i think the side skirts makes the m5's arches look wider. as the normal e60's side skirt are flat... whereas for the m5, it is contoured

Iylia H;591922 said:
i've heard of that claim too bro.. and since then i've been comparing pictures of m5 and normal e60 (520i).. i still couldn't find the difference between both arches... both arches start and end at similar place... and the bulge look identical, and so does the height.. and i think the side skirts makes the m5's arches look wider. as the normal e60's side skirt are flat... whereas for the m5, it is contoured

Actually there's no difference at all on the arches and the height (M-Sport) of the car. The M5 has got no fog light, more aerodynamic shaped side-mirror, obviously a quad-exhaust, brakes, different license plate area on the boot, HUD projector on the dashboard and the sculpture of the bumper seen between the headlights and the kidney (M-Sport). Even better if you can see the ''M'' button and the paddle shifter on the steering wheel. I know it can be hard to differentiate unless you look at them in detail.

Front:
bmw-m5-e60-.jpg
BMW-5-Series-CAR.jpg

Rear:
bmw-m5-e60-back-1_72.jpg
bmw-5-series-saloon-520d-m-sport-4dr-auto-1506412718-640x480.jpg

Interior:
0501_04z+BMW_M5+Interior_View_Steering_Wheel.jpg

2008-BMW-5-Series-interior.jpg

Brakes:
22601d1153270089-pics-mass-m-meet-awesome-event-lim5-wheels.jpg

Top Bottom