Noob Qs: Can E39 fold mirror?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DR78

Club Guest
Hi Im new with the E39 and just found out no button to fold my side mirrors. I've tried holding the door lock button on my key for 5-10sec but mirror not moving. Tried to gently fold my mirrors manually but felt hard resistant and didnt want to take the risk of breaking te mirror. Can the mirror fold actually?

Btw my side door main switches does not have any buttons to fold the mirrors

Not all e39 can fold mirror. If your model came without folding button then it cannot fold..

Auto fold or manually fold, all can fold except those AC Schnitzer ones and other custom types.

If you want, you can retrofit the autofolds in your car.

never knew that mine can actually manually folded. i did try to fold it once but it seems like not moving at all so i did not proceed afraid it will break if i put more force.

on the other hand, i bought the folding switch from ebay and got it installed but my mirror does not fold whenever i press the button. i guess it's the mirror itself that need to change to an automatic type.

Mirrors are different too.

We have a couple of complete sets for the retrofit of auto folding mirrors for RM800, PM me if you want them. Can even install it too for you but without painting (which can be arranged too if you want)

Top Bottom