Noisy Seat - Help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

IanDaddy

Club Guest
I have this rather annoying problem with my E46 memory seat, what happen is that almost everytime when I turn , slow down , accel , reasonably hard I hear clock sound coming from the seat. I suspect the bolt or nut at the rail could be loose. I have done some search on the Net but not finding what I need, any sifu have experience this or any recommendation of workshop. Thanks in advance

Probably you need to get the seat removed and installed back to make sure everything is nice and tight.

IanDaddy;476963 said:
I have this rather annoying problem with my E46 memory seat, what happen is that almost everytime when I turn , slow down , accel , reasonably hard I hear clock sound coming from the seat. I suspect the bolt or nut at the rail could be loose.

I have done some search on the Net but not finding what I need, any sifu have experience this or any recommendation of workshop.

Thanks in advance

Bro,

You must spend some time going through some of the threads in this forum or make use the search engine for similar problem. Anyway here is the thread http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?p=476849#post476849

Thanks Bro Herbert, I did in fact google and search BMWCM for the last few weeks. Will check out Carbi.

Just got it fixed at Carbi Deco for RM80. They removed the seat lubed and tightened the bolts and nuts, some were loose. Thanks again to Bro Herbert.

IanDaddy;477092 said:
Just got it fixed at Carbi Deco for RM80. They removed the seat lubed and tightened the bolts and nuts, some were loose. Thanks again to Bro Herbert.

Good to hear your seat's problem resolved. I personally think the workmen at Carbi Deco are very well verse and experienced with all type of car seats when it is manual or electric. BTW, did you buy their industrial grade leather seat cream cleaner?? I bought one bottle and after applying it few times, the leather seat became softer and feel like new again.

I did not get leather seat cream cleaner, Jason did remark that I have a different type of leather. My local 04/05 E46 comes with a special lizard like leather unlike others. I should have check with him if the same cleaner is applicable.

Thanks again Bro Herbert.

Top Bottom