No Angel...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bishop

Club Guest
The angel eyes on my E39 seems a little kookie... :( Sometime it works fine, sometimes it switches to the amber/signal light... I suspect it is a wiring problem, but after jiggling all the wires around it... it is still not on... :dunno: :dunno: but the next day it is ok again... dont seem to be a heat issue, cause sometimes when cold still not on, or sometime when driving the whole night it is still ok... :dunno: :dunno: weird... anyone has this problem... need to mandi bunga ah...??

Originally posted by Bishop@Mar 16 2006, 07:41 PM
The angel eyes on my E39 seems a little kookie... :(

Sometime it works fine, sometimes it switches to the amber/signal light... I suspect it is a wiring problem, but after jiggling all the wires around it... it is still not on... :dunno: :dunno:

but the next day it is ok again...

dont seem to be a heat issue, cause sometimes when cold still not on, or sometime when driving the whole night it is still ok... :dunno: :dunno:

weird... anyone has this problem...

need to mandi bunga ah...??
the problem is the ballast...this happens all the time till u will be at a point where u will decide to dump these add ons...theballast are sold by the so called retailer for around RM150 and its cost should be only RM20..big profits...

the version 1 or version2 are a complete waste of time..just go back to the ori version of the angel eyes

regards

BMW9700, where can I get this ballast? Is it sold by BMW auto parts centers?

I was told for the E39, if anything is wrong with the headlights, you have to replace the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by affan66@Mar 17 2006, 08:00 AM
BMW9700, where can I get this ballast? Is it sold by BMW auto parts centers?

I was told for the E39, if anything is wrong with the headlights, you have to replace the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.
you have to get the ballast from the people who sold you the rings..

regards

oooo... confused. thought you can buy ori ballast from BMW spare part shops. :D

cheers dude

ballast...???

Mine is not CCFL, my angel eyes is using a Halogen blub don't think that it uses a ballast....

where do I find the ballast...? how does it look like...?

Yes the original angel eye for e39 use bulb..
CCFL is usually for e36 model.

There is no ballast if your bulb is halogen type.

Only CCFL use inverter to step up the 12VDC to
operate the CCFL lamp.

Ballast are usually used for HID light.

check for loose cabling.... in the headlight.

Originally posted by jarance@Mar 17 2006, 01:21 PM
check for loose cabling.... in the headlight.
tried that. checked everything. nothing seems to be loose.

very sure it is the halogen fitting as it doesn't work if i changed sides.

It turned on again a few days ago after one week lapse, but it is gone again now... :cry: :cry:

any idea whats wrong... checked the bulb, seems ok....

If you want, I have a used set of original angel-eye lights, but with evidence of high-speed driving(chips), cheap cheap :)

Top Bottom