New Z4 forummers' Review

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fugowitz

Club Guest
Checked out the New Z4 35i at Sapura the other day. From a distance, it looked stunning. Closer, all the luxurious trims and bling-blings are even more impressive. The powerplant looks more packed-in given the massive in-line six 3lt twin turbo engine. And it sounded very sweet on fire-up. The nappa leather seats with infra reflective technology felt very comfortable with the surrounding leather and fine wood trims. The I-Drive gadgetry and chromed dials makes you feel like commandeering the USS Enterprise. Last, the aluminium roof tucked-in fast and neat. If at USD46K (the price folks in USA and Japan are paying), I would have plonked down the money and drove off with the car. But wait, the price is MYR55XK... slightly more than 3 times the real price, thanks to our G and past assholes. I glanced out and see my old Z4 sitting handsomely on the parking lot, and my perspective changed. The old Z4 really looks much better. It is more masculine with its nice crisp folds of the famed flamed surfacing giving the paintjob different hues under the blazing hot sun. (Even the japs Toyota and Honda are copying the Chris Bangle’s flamed surfacing). The long bonnet and the short but large butt give it a true classic roadster look unlike the new Z4. Looking at the New Z4 again, I notice the paintjob looks like a heavily powdered face. The body lines don’t meet but overlapped near the door handle. The door closes like a sedan without the unique “clank” sound of the old Z4 that sounded like a dupont lighter. The interior is too femaninely sedan and luxurious for serious open top driving. Clive Oven would surely have refused this new Z4 in his down and dirty open top drive video shoot. The new Z4 is just too dressed up. Then bingo, the salesman told me that this New Z4 was designed by an all female team! Now, I don’t want to sound like a sexist. Females know shit about cars, except filling it up to run. The freaking corporate boys in BMW must have their brains between their nuts to field an all women team to redesign the iconic Z4 roadster. Adding to that I think the technical director in BMW should also be fired for technical incompetency for ending-up in the tail-end of this season’s F1 races. My verdict, the New Z4 is nice but it can’t replace the old Z4.

Bro, thanks for the review. I mentioned elsewhere that it is more subdued and not as aggressive looking than the Z4 it replaces. I avoided the bit about the female designers as it is contentious and a little subjective.

As always, the local prices are crazy. 3 times !!!. I'll wait for a good 2nd hand deal.

NetMaestro

Top Bottom