Neighbor's Fat Cat Keeps Jumping on my Car!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Stud_Daddy

Club Guest
Ten points for anyone who comes up with a permanent solution. The cat is bloody fat and jumps from the roof, so aside from the risk of scratches, there are minor dents. Also cats always extend their claws when landing!Solutions I will NOT consider:1. Car covers2. Rubber snakes on car (doesn't work)3. Keeping a dog4. Poisoning the cat5. Poisoning the neighbor, then the cat6. Moving house

Dude...please send the cat to me. I got ppl running around island state daily. I'll know what to do with it.

bitter lotion. helps to keep away cats and dogs. spray some on the ground around the car.

I had the same problem with my E36 cabrio. The pesky fellow would actually wait outside my gate for me to lock up for the night, then he would climb up and have a good sleep. Chasing it away is a waste of time. Next morning fur all over the roof which you have to remove with sticky tape. Rear plastic screen scratched. Last straw was when two of them decide to fight on the roof of my car. I sold my car for many reasons, cat-fur-on-softtop being one of them.

Zero points for everyone.......except maybe 2.5 points for the orange peel suggestion.

Best solution I've come across so far:

Place a paper on the car, then place a mouse-trap upside down on it, and then place another paper to cover the mousetrap. When the cat jumps and lands on the car, the mousetrap will trigger, which will spook off the cat for good. The paper is to protect your car's paint from the mousetrap going off. Multiple mouse traps will be more effective, and may possibly lead to feline cardiac-arrest.

Can anyone top that suggestion please. There's gotta be more than one way to skin this cat. I'll give myself till this weekend before I go out to buy mousetraps.

As for the suggestion that I ask Pussy for advise, maybe I didn't make my intention clear enough in the beginning..........I want to keep cats away from my car, not pussy.

i actually placed the mouse trap before as what Studd Daddy said..5 sets to be exact..all around d car..d cat stop "VISITING" my car after 2 days...polished d car 4 months back and it looks d same till i sold d car recently...

get a dog......

or if you are lazy, get a large plush puppy dog toy, and put it on top of your sexy car.......

1000 points for me......

Very simple....douse some old rags with VINEGAR....and just leave it on top of yr car...make sure u have some plastic bags under the rags so that the vinegar doesn't stain the paintwork....GOOD LUCK!

I Have Neighbour Cat Sleep On The Bonet, In Order To Prevent Scraches, I Put Floormat / Carpet Mat On It, It Wont Come Over Now! They Want The Warm Bonet!

your mouse trap when activated could possibly spring up and land on your car......scratching ur precious paintwork or worse....

I dunno if this works but I would rather spray water/wet the car completely to deter the cat as they dun like the wet.....

Of course - make sure u have a good polish before so water stains are minimised...

Spray the surroundings of your ride with sulphur mixed with water. Cats hate the smell and will eventually go away.

what is the problem here?
1. the cat jump on the car
2. the cat jump on the car and is FAT
:D haha

try put aluminium foil(s) on strategic area on the car
they can't stand the noise just like vinegar

I do have cat at home.. A simple solution will be ... Wait with a water hose ready to spray.. once the cat jump on your car.. Spray water to them.. repeat that a few time, they will go. They are very smart, but becareful as they might place dead rats outside your house or on your car.

geoffreylee;207948 said:
I do have cat at home.. A simple solution will be ... Wait with a water hose ready to spray.. once the cat jump on your car.. Spray water to them.. repeat that a few time, they will go. They are very smart, but becareful as they might place dead rats outside your house or on your car.

I thought a cat only places dead rats / birds as a sign of affection :p . Offering you food mah.

stud_daddy-o,

soli-ah dude....... couldn't resist the "comment"... hahahhahahha......

a real good solution is just put cardboard or paper la.... and live with it coz it it's your neighbour cat.. unless it go konk soon... it bound to happen again...

cheerio!

Go to Pet's World and buy this product called

Get off My Garden

It's a green gel based product the repels dogs & cats

I have had a recurring problem with neighbourhood cats setting off my infrared sensor. After applying this, they don't come back. However, this is a weekly/ bi weekly application. But for me it's worth it.

It costs around 25 bucks and it has lasted me about 3 months.

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom