Need some advice....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GreenGhost

Club Guest
Hey would appreciate it if someone could point me to the right direction. My driver side window has just broken down. It sounded like the cable snapped just like before. But not entirely sure. I live at ampang side and work near Eastin hotel. Could some one point me to a repair shop please, but more importantly advice me on the price im supposed to pay. Would it be alot cheaper than going to Bavaria?Thanks thanks many thanks for any help .....jOn

its the window lifter, common prob for e46, AB charges 650 for the lifter.

Outside should be around 400.

EPCPictureBoard.jpg

The No 2 is the lifter

hi, i never done any repair outside AB in KL, so i leave it to the Sifus in KL, where you live?

this is a very common problem with the e46..i've had all 4sides fail on me within 2years of ownership.
a good way to prolong the item's life is to give all 4 windows a 'stretch' every 2-3days or so.wind them down all the way down,then up again.been practicing this for awhile now and so far so good..
anyways,good luck.. :)

i got my window regulator (lifter) changed for 380 at mspeed USJ

waa got like dat one ah...mine seems to be weird a bit...my rear left window sometimes when i want to close it wont close...have to press the window button few times only can work...sometimes it works perfectly....told AB but then again...still around...but no worries :D

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 1 2006, 12:12 PM
waa got like dat one ah...mine seems to be weird a bit...my rear left window sometimes when i want to close it wont close...have to press the window button few times only can work...sometimes it works perfectly....told AB but then again...still around...but no worries :D
i think your window got stuck inbetween the rubber (maybe hot weather), try applying rubber glaze lube inbetween the window rubber, it will help

Top Bottom