need help!! wat is the best brand for disc brakes??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

benjichris88

Banned
all the sifu out there..my steering is vibrating when im driving at high speed.. bout 140km/h..went to see my mechanic n he say my disc not in a very good cond dy..it is not very thin yet..so should i skim it or get a new set...normally u guys change all 4 or a pair..wat is the best brand n not very expensive wan..roughly bout 400-500 a pair??is there any recommendation..please help me with this..thx..-chRis-

hi there,

your steering wheel vibrates at 140km/h? when you are stepping on the brake pedal or not stepping? If not stepping, the vibration could be caused by other parts such as worn lower arm bush, worn tie rod, etc.

i understand from some ppl that warped disc rotor can only cause juddering and vibration during brake application.

just my 2 sen

benjichris88;315210 said:
all the sifu out there..
my steering is vibrating when im driving at high speed.. bout 140km/h..
went to see my mechanic n he say my disc not in a very good cond dy..
it is not very thin yet..
so should i skim it or get a new set...
normally u guys change all 4 or a pair..
wat is the best brand n not very expensive wan..
roughly bout 400-500 a pair??
is there any recommendation..
please help me with this..
thx..

-chRis-
if 500+ original disc is expensive for u, go for brembo, front pair only cost less than 300. dun take the risk of skimming, skimming is cheap, but how expensive can 500 be comparing with safety and own your confident. lemforder rear disc cost about 120/pair. i change all 4 pcs around the same time. so far so good, i am satisfy.

Russie;315225 said:
hi there,

your steering wheel vibrates at 140km/h? when you are stepping on the brake pedal or not stepping? If not stepping, the vibration could be caused by other parts such as worn lower arm bush, worn tie rod, etc.

i understand from some ppl that warped disc rotor can only cause juddering and vibration during brake application.

just my 2 sen

bro russie,

my steering vibrates only when i step on the brake pedal..
please recommend me some nice n not very costly disc brakes.

thx..

Mouse;315228 said:
if 500+ original disc is expensive for u, go for brembo, front pair only cost less than 300. dun take the risk of skimming, skimming is cheap, but how expensive can 500 be comparing with safety and own your confident. lemforder rear disc cost about 120/pair. i change all 4 pcs around the same time. so far so good, i am satisfy.

bro mouse..
thx again for helping..
but how much is the original disc n wat differences on performance for the compared to the brembo n the lemforder..
where can i get the brembo n lemforder.
any place to recommend..
n ya..
saw a few brand posted by other forumer in another tread..
the red stuff n green stuff.
not sure wat it is...
hope the u can explain to me..

thx.

benjichris88;315851 said:
bro mouse..
thx again for helping..
but how much is the original disc n wat differences on performance for the compared to the brembo n the lemforder..
where can i get the brembo n lemforder.
any place to recommend..
n ya..
saw a few brand posted by other forumer in another tread..
the red stuff n green stuff.
not sure wat it is...
hope the u can explain to me..

thx.
alot of place selling brembo & lemforder, u can buy in Bomin & First division in jalan ipoh, Suan Huat in PJ, etc. original front disc for E46 318i is around RM 500-600 if i still remember correctly. some say lemforder and ate disc warp very fast. its advisible to buy the original if u can, if not, get brembo at least. green stuff and red stuff is brake pads, not brake disc. if interested, go to their website and find out more, just search for EBC

QD250;315853 said:
a set of rear brembo will cost you about rm160 at innerpower....

bro qd250..
thx for the info.
mind to tell where to get around puchong area or kuchai lama, oug, subang..
coz im not really familiar with pj n jln ipoh..

Mouse;315889 said:
alot of place selling brembo & lemforder, u can buy in Bomin & First division in jalan ipoh, Suan Huat in PJ, etc. original front disc for E46 318i is around RM 500-600 if i still remember correctly. some say lemforder and ate disc warp very fast. its advisible to buy the original if u can, if not, get brembo at least. green stuff and red stuff is brake pads, not brake disc. if interested, go to their website and find out more, just search for EBC

bro mouse..
im not familiar with pj n jln ipoh lar..
any place near subang, puchong, kuchai lama, old klang road ar..
sry ya..
thx veryu much for the info..
thx..

benjichris88;316176 said:
bro mouse..
im not familiar with pj n jln ipoh lar..
any place near subang, puchong, kuchai lama, old klang road ar..
sry ya..
thx veryu much for the info..
thx..
sorry bro, dunno any in the above place u mention, only barvarian auto in subang, but i think they only sell original and lemforder disc, check out their website to get the subang contact

Top Bottom