Need Help - How To Repair Dented 328i Rim

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ling Chan Yew

Club Guest
Dear sifuHad my rim knocked on the kerb n dented, can I get some advise where can I send repair n refurbish? AB glenmarie claimed that the scratches are on the chrome part which I can't do. tks

Ling Chan Yew;842554 said:
Dear sifu

Had my rim knocked on the kerb n dented, can I get some advise where can I send repair n refurbish? AB glenmarie claimed that the scratches are on the chrome part which I can't do.

tks
y i cant see ur photo -.-

splee;842687 said:
Pictures all cannot see. Something is wrong.

I had this problem too but I manage to overcome it by using picture with smaller resolution

splee;842687 said:
Pictures all cannot see. Something is wrong.

I had this problem too but I manage to overcome it by using picture with smaller resolution

If your rims are the style 397 (sport line cars), do note that repairing it may mean having to grind the surface of it since the 397s are polished (front of the spokes)and painted ( the inner parts between the spokes). I had to do it for my car at Wan Sing Sg Besi due to some kerbing damage some time back. Must say the grinding means that the top surface of the wheel will be skimmed...so you will lose some of the top layer,but its not so visible. Lessons learnt for me...polished wheel is more difficult to repair than painted ones..

Bruce_Z;842990 said:
If your rims are the style 397 (sport line cars), do note that repairing it may mean having to grind the surface of it since the 397s are polished (front of the spokes)and painted ( the inner parts between the spokes). I had to do it for my car at Wan Sing Sg Besi due to some kerbing damage some time back. Must say the grinding means that the top surface of the wheel will be skimmed...so you will lose some of the top layer,but its not so visible. Lessons learnt for me...polished wheel is more difficult to repair than painted ones..
my rims oso have a little dented =( thinking to restore it back to original look but scare will lose some layer of the rims like wad u mentioned! ;( By the way i never knock anything when running on highway everyday, but how come after i come back from outside then saw my rim dented zzzzz

There are only so many times you can 'repair' your wheels. It will lose its designed integrity if done too many times.

seenotype;843030 said:
my rims oso have a little dented =( thinking to restore it back to original look but scare will lose some layer of the rims like wad u mentioned! ;( By the way i never knock anything when running on highway everyday, but how come after i come back from outside then saw my rim dented zzzzz

Bro, u have the phone number of the shop ? contact person ? Also instead of skimming, can we just paint it ?

- - - Updated - - -

seenotype;843030 said:

Bro, u have the phone number of the shop ? contact person ? Also instead of skimming, can we just paint it ?

Top Bottom