need help from the seniorz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

danielclarke

Club Guest
hello ppl i'm daniel here got a few question i need to ask b4 i finally get my hands on my ultimate driving machine or should i say my journey to a new life ................... first of all i'm planing to get a 3 series e46 , i'm not into power and all so i'm lookin for 318 or 320 ... prefer 2litre can d la .... dun wanna pay da dumb road tax so much and the insurance and all .... but then the problem is....1. should i go for the old face lift and change to the new facelift or should i go straight to the new facelift ???? wats the price for conversion i wan stock looks with the stock new facelift bumper .... 2. for the exterior the only diffrence between the old and new facelift is juz the front cut right ????3. wats the cost to change it all ??? and where ?4. wat about the interior diffrence ????5. how much is the roadtax for 318 , 320 and 328 ???6.is it advisable to get a sunroof ???another thing bout me dun mind getting the old one and change to new facelift cos i wanna change the colour of the car !!! pls help me out seniourz ......thanks in advance ....

If you want the facelift E46, buy a facelift E46. Don't buy a pre-facelift and change it to a facelift. That's not cool - my opinion.

I am also planning to get an e46 328i (1999-2000). Facelift not important but power is to me. Is it a good car? Maintenance wise?

danielclarke;195836 said:
thanks for the reply more info pls senioraz !!!

Go for the 6 cylinder models if you can for a more complete BMW experience. Straight-sixes and 3 series are as traditional as frauleins and lederhosens.

danielclarke;195903 said:
roadtax and insurance killin le like dat

Bro, if you're going to think so much about road tax and insurance, maybe you're looking for a BMW for the wrong reasons. Rtax and ins are minimal costs compare to the maintenance costs of an expensive continental like BMW.

Look at a BMW 3 for the driving experience, not just as a flashy car. A complete BMW experience is the straight-6, for that is the essence of driving BMW. No offence to 4-pot owners but if it's not a 6-pot, it's like having a beautiful model as your girlfriend but not having sex.

You asked for info and experience, danielclarke, that what you're getting.

woooo thanks ...
i saw one 328 .... kinda liked it and price kinda good ... roadtax n insurance how much ??
6 pot maintanence more then 4 mer rite ?

Don't just look ler! Drive a 328 or 325, and then drive a 318. Then see if you still ask how much the roadtax, insurance and maintenance difference. :)

i would wanna test but got no friends driving le i mean close friends ....
worst still penang not much choice le ....

Dude.. keep worrying about your road tax lar.. Party a night less in a month and you'll have your roadtax money by year end :D

328.. about RM1500..
Your insurance premium would depend on how much you're insuring your car for. Assuming a 100k.. should be slightly below 3k.

meetoo;195913 said:
No offence to 4-pot owners but if it's not a 6-pot, it's like having a beautiful model as your girlfriend but not having sex.

None taken :p

get a 325...

318 roadtax = around rm1 per day
325 roadtax = around rm2 per day
328 roadtax = around rm4 per day

i dun party one la once in a blue moon only hahahahah...
the worst psrt is i'm not working ... so its hard to save up ...
ionly freelance to do car audio and computer stuff ....

ooooo! :eek:

No offence bro, but even people with steady income at quite high level also cannot afford to maintain a BMW. Read some of the other thread and you can see the problems and costs you might face playing with BMW. Are you sure you should be even thinking about this?

yeah i know ... but i can afford to buy ... maintain i guess i can la but i dun wanna feel tight mer .....

Top Bottom