Need advise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

solaris406

Club Guest
Hi there,Recently accompaied a friend who is looking for a E39 528, and we test drove a E39 525. After testing the car, I think I got gummed by the UDM already.Any idea how much is the 2002 E39 525? Understand the 528 used a older engine than the 525. The 528 is better or the 525 is better. Not really care about the 528 roadtax because the 528 pricing is relatively cheaper than the 525. What is the house power of the 528 and 525?Which year of the E39 528 started to have double vanus? Let's said a decent E39, how much is the maintenance cost per year?I have asked many questions, please bare with me because I'm a very new to BMW.Thanks!

hi bro,

well some of us would say for you to introduce yourself in the newbie section but what the heck

well i'm not a sifu myself but this is what i've learned before/after purchasing my udm

1. well if you are going to buy the "old model" ie 523 528 you have to watch out for the Nikasil problem or somethin i cant remember.it's about the head gasket leaking or something,my mech told me that when he was with AB JB there was A LOT of e39 that went for replacement F.O.C.

2. i think the double vanos is 01 above or the "new" model 525 530

3. well maintenance wise, if you are going to buy a 2nd hand car get a car with service record at least you can plan what to buy..i bought my car without a service record but the car has clocked 100k km it's about time i did a major maintenance btw. or better you can check the e39 maintenance thread

4. no problem bro, all of us are still learning about our UDM (but some of us are allready sifu's hehe :p)

all question has its answer in this forum, scroll it like all newbie b4 question. anyway wellcome!!

spent a few hrs to read thru the thread. I got most of the answers. Thanks!

I tot one of the benefit of the forum is to get quick reply? Anyway look thru the dictionary to search for information is also good. Better than no information.

:cool:

Hi solaris, i am new and look for E39 too, if got any good buy pls pm me too. thanks.

Top Bottom