My Wife's Red Brick F30.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nikhuzlan

Club Guest
I bought a red 320d august last year. On delivery the bonnet cannot open bcoz someone forgot to link the cable to the bonnet lock I think. Even the front number plate was fitted out of alignment.Then when we got home, the car became a red brick and did not react to the remote. It stayed locked. After one hour, we tried again and the car unlocked and started normally. We sent the car to Quill ( very good service ) where it stayed for a few days.We collected the car and the fault came on again. We waited a few hours and the car started. Back to workshop. We collected the car and the fault came on again. We waited a few hours and the car started. Back to workshop. We collected the car and the fault came on again. We waited a few hours and the car started. Back to workshop. We collected the car and the fault came on again. We waited a few hours and the car started. Back to workshop. I think this went on 6 or 7 times. It happened again this evening. DAMN. I think I have tolerated this far too long. Sometimes the car is parked near the gate opening and when it cannot start, all our other cars are blocked, leaving us stranded. Programs and schedule have been disrupted many times because of this. There is also a knocking sound from the left side area when going over bumps. I need to resolve this.I don't care too much about wind noise. The car is pretty cheap so I do not expect much.I am also not a car fan so this car is just safe transport for my wife. But I think this is too much. BTW, I also have a BMW K1600GT, a great two wheeled tour de force that is known to have switch problems all over the world. Many times buddies of mine with the same bike has been caught stranded when the bike won't start. Pouring water, ice water over the switches apparently help. This brand is a joke. What can you BMW fans advise me?Thank You.

I hope its ok to post complains here because its taboo to do so on the Motorrad Club side.
Something to do with keeping BMW Malaysia happy by not offending them so event sponsorship money flows in.

If its not, Mods please remove my post with my apologies.

Thank You.

nikhuzlan;828165 said:
I hope its ok to post complains here because its taboo to do so on the Motorrad Club side.
Something to do with keeping BMW Malaysia happy by not offending them so event sponsorship money flows in.

If its not, Mods please remove my post with my apologies.

Thank You.

I believe this forum is matured enough to have postings such as yours Nik. So no worries [me thinks] as we've had others complain of their F30s too...

No worries Nik. This forum is for sharing both good and as well as bad experiences with BMW car. One thing for sure is you are a very patient guy. I wish you all the best.

Bro,

I think I experienced the same problem as you before this.

A while back when I was still rolling in a Honda Civic, I had a funny problem when parking in my friends house.

I loved to park near his satallite dish because of the shade and I always had a problem unlocking my car ..

Had to manually override the alarm .. Once I am out of his house .. my car unlocks like normal .

Perhaps, the reason why they cannot reproduce the issue at BMW is cause its something environmental ?

Some kind of electronic disturbance at the place you stay ? Does this happen anywhere else, or just your house ?

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

omnimech;828231 said:
Bro,

I think I experienced the same problem as you before this.

A while back when I was still rolling in a Honda Civic, I had a funny problem when parking in my friends house.

I loved to park near his satallite dish because of the shade and I always had a problem unlocking my car ..

Had to manually override the alarm .. Once I am out of his house .. my car unlocks like normal .

Perhaps, the reason why they cannot reproduce the issue at BMW is cause its something environmental ?

Some kind of electronic disturbance at the place you stay ? Does this happen anywhere else, or just your house ?

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Very worthy 2 cents and makes plenty sense. i thought the same too, so i turned of my wifi, mobile phone, tv, air-cons, but same issue. It normally cures itself sometimes in an hour or overnight.

It happened elsewhere only once. Other than that, only happens in my house.

Does it happen to both remote ? Can you manually unlock the car and start the car as though the remote has ran out of batteries ?

Did you opt for the Telematics Platform Accessory? Perhaps that could be messing with your unlock system - just a thought. If you have, maybe get them to disable it and see?

Yo Cap,

Sorry to hear bout the problem, a real bummer especially when it involves a brand new car. I have to agree with u about Quill, their service is good, i hope they manage to sort out the problem.

Does it normally happen after a long time you are away from the car? As in the car is in the state of lock for a long time? Or just the opposite?

echoesian;828464 said:
Really skeptical to get the new F30 now listening to all these complains ....

Been driving mine daily since i got it.

No complaints from me.

No Rusted Seats.
No Steering Rack issues
No Squeaking noises

omnimech;828568 said:
Been driving mine daily since i got it.

No complaints from me.

No Rusted Seats.
No Steering Rack issues
No Squeaking noises
Charger noises?