my side mirror cant tilt up down left lright~

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rsctan

Club Guest
i need help, is changing the motors inside the mirror or change a total whole new side mirror like a m3 one is cheaper?any cheaper options beside pushing the mirror to change angle?:0

rsctan;470960 said:
both ; ) haigh...

If both, then check the fuse lah. The fuse box is located in the glove compartment.

Just open the glove compartment and look at the top. You should be able to see 2 knobs. Twist the knob and the fuse box compartment will "dropped" down. there is a white chart to tell you which is the correct fuse to check.

Capture_6.jpg

no the mirrors can tilt.. just not in some directions.. ie can go up and down not left and right.. i think the gears in the actuators are busted.. thats why ask whether chagen the motor inside is cheaper or buying a new side mirror like m3? or is there any other alternative mirror beside m3? thx for bearing with me

It is cheaper to change the motor.

try Bavaria Auto for the parts.

Here is a picture:
sidemirrormotor.jpg

rsctan;470963 said:
no the mirrors can tilt.. just not in some directions.. ie can go up and down not left and right.. i think the gears in the actuators are busted.. thats why ask whether chagen the motor inside is cheaper or buying a new side mirror like m3? or is there any other alternative mirror beside m3? thx for bearing with me

bro confuse abit..

Your title say cant tilt up down left right.

Now can go up down but not left right.

Pls confirm cannot tilt left/right for both mirrors?

ya ya thats the one..:) to be exact the right mirror cant go up down can go left right.. the left mirror can go left right cant to up down.. guess its the mirror's fault right?

rsctan;470978 said:
ya ya thats the one..:) to be exact the right mirror cant go up down can go left right.. the left mirror can go left right cant to up down.. guess its the mirror's fault right?

No lah.. the wiring is screwed up.. changing the mirror to M3 also will not solve your problem.

If it the gear problem, then you should be able to hear the sound of the motor but no movement.

Most likely, the problem is with the left/right selector switch and tilt switch.

hmm...lets hope so i`l go check out for any weird sound or so.. i thnk there wil be some motro sound but the mirror wont move..

Jarance,you impress the hell out of me with your pictures,knowledge and details and most importantly your patience and kindness to share:top::top::top:

Top Bottom