MY E90 320i-M: Seat belt and / or airbag failure

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

toiletroll

Club Guest
sigh... was driving along highway just now and suddenly the airbag and seat-belt indicator turn on with the 'Gong' alarm. Still able to drive without any difference. Just checked the manual and it said that it is the seat-belt or / and airbag failure. hm... wonder what's wrong with it... my car is just 1 year old with millage done only 11k kms. furthermore the airbag system is brand new due to an accident i had last year and got it replaced....

normally it is the seat belt tensioner or the seat sensor.
The connection could be lose or the dirty. The connectors are under the seat.

Since the car is new, better get it diagnosed and check the connectors first before agreeing to change any of the sensors (not so cheap). Once connectors are cleaned, delete the error and then see if it comes out again. If it is, then the sensor it may be

thanks mate..... hope nothing serious... and will arrange to get my car inspect asap and also to do my 10k service...

Mate, like Affan said, most likely connectors dirty or due to sensor failure. When do u want to send your car in? Let me know, we can go for lunch while waiting...

M3ac;614281 said:
Mate, like Affan said, most likely connectors dirty or due to sensor failure. When do u want to send your car in? Let me know, we can go for lunch while waiting...

hehe... thanks mate.... probably next week.... coz rushing for my work as it is period now... how are you lately? and how's your 325i-M doing? hehe... send my regards to your wife n boy... n 325i-M... hehe

toiletroll;613943 said:
sigh... was driving along highway just now and suddenly the airbag and seat-belt indicator turn on with the 'Gong' alarm. Still able to drive without any difference.

Just checked the manual and it said that it is the seat-belt or / and airbag failure. hm... wonder what's wrong with it... my car is just 1 year old with millage done only 11k kms. furthermore the airbag system is brand new due to an accident i had last year and got it replaced....

Wah.. new car kena accident.. serious or not? so claim under insurance with warranty for new air bag replacement? Will this void the new new car warranty?

Stanley Tan;614322 said:
Wah.. new car kena accident.. serious or not? so claim under insurance with warranty for new air bag replacement? Will this void the new new car warranty?

yup.... feel sorry for my car and Insurer.... got the parts replaced with new parts.... but at least the car saved my life.. hehe

moral of the story is take good care of your UDM.... coz it is not cheap to repair... :rock::rock:

Top Bottom