My E36 1995 AT ENGINE BROKEDOWN

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hamzah

Club Guest
Hello hai, just to share with u all, hope may get tips or advise on it. Last 2 day on way back home at night had bad luck. My car was stuck at flood, i thought i can drove cross the flood that height 1 ft. So my car stop on the spot on middle of the flood. Some vilagers help me to push to bettter road. Yesterday i tow the car to my friend that has small workshop ( part time mechanic ). I open filter box, air flow meter till to manifold that i learn from DIY. I dry it used air pressure. After that i fix it again. I can start the engine but noisy at inside engine compartment where piston or shaft located. I try few time to start it work but everytime the noise sound clang clang clang heard at engine box. Suddenly one piece 1/2 inchs broke from engine box that cause engine oil come out from that compartment. I believe that i had a big problem to replace new engine? Or i dont know what to say it. Any master, cifu can give me advise on it. Much appreciated. Thks

Sorry to hear that.
Wah 1 ft height cause u so much problem ah,last time i use iswara no problem crossing floods all, but the next day have to drive without air con n lights due to short circuit hehe

Hopefully it won't be expensive.

bro, did the water get into the filter box.

if it did, then water have enter into the engine compartment and mixed with oil. If water enter into the engine compartment, it might cause the moving parts to seize.

You need to do a major overhaul. Sorry for your mishap.

Most probably, replacing the engine would be a best option as I forsee more internal part will be damaged when the engine is open up.

If the Engine Block is broken, you have to change an engine!

BTW, hamzah.. post a picture of the engine part that is broken so that we understand a bit more.

Thks thks thks all... good advise. I had send the car to workshop i they suggest me to look for halfcut. I let them to do it whatever necessary. I m sure water had enter all over the engine compartment. My big mistake i start the car. mechanic said it can be clean up if i not start up the engine. That it big mistake. For all friend if u facing this problem like me do not start the engine. I will let u all know how cost of it. Just to share info between us. Thks

Bro, sorry to heard about your misfortune.

For this kind of problems, you should have sent the car to a workshop that are quite familar with BMWs, not to a part time workshop guy.

As for me, I will immediately seek Albert's (WP Auto) opinion before doing anything. He is very obliging and will attend to his clients problem evens if it's midnight.

It's always prudent to keep your reliable & trusted mechanic's mobile number with you all the time.

Anyway, this is Albert's mobile 012-2017792 If any of you have problems with your car, you can just give him a call and get an opinion/advise from him. He doesn't charge you anything for giving an opinion or advise. Please speak in Chinese or Malay as he don't understand much English.

As for my personal experience, Albert was so obliging that he went all the way to Tangkak to help Justin (he was stuck on the NS Expressway) to solve his "No brakes" problem

hamzah;473150 said:
Hello hai, just to share with u all, hope may get tips or advise on it. Last 2 day on way back home at night had bad luck. My car was stuck at flood, i thought i can drove cross the flood that height 1 ft. So my car stop on the spot on middle of the flood. Some vilagers help me to push to bettter road. Yesterday i tow the car to my friend that has small workshop ( part time mechanic ). I open filter box, air flow meter till to manifold that i learn from DIY. I dry it used air pressure. After that i fix it again. I can start the engine but noisy at inside engine compartment where piston or shaft located. I try few time to start it work but everytime the noise sound clang clang clang heard at engine box. Suddenly one piece 1/2 inchs broke from engine box that cause engine oil come out from that compartment. I believe that i had a big problem to replace new engine? Or i dont know what to say it. Any master, cifu can give me advise on it. Much appreciated. Thks

Vincent Hor;473504 said:
..As for my personal experience, Albert was so obliging that he went all the way to Tangkak to help Justin (he was stuck on the NS Expressway) to solve his "No brakes" problem

Awesome mechanic! :top:

To Vincent Hor, thks for that valueable info. Now on i keep his hp no ( Albert ). Much appreciated. Thks

Grill

Yes bro, that it what i looked for. Confirm that prize ur mentioned? All in including courier?

Top Bottom