My E30 engine stall after long hard rev

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yim1986

Club Guest
today i was trying to run the engine to let it warm up, too bad this problem occurred...but the engine running smooth again after a minute of low mid rpm cruising... anyone knows what's the problem? for me i think is wiring problem...SO, any taikor here got lubang to get 3 alpha romeo webers cheap? i think i just fix it then i got no stressful day again...

there is no way to tune 3 webers inline perfectly, its either 2 or 4 carbs

in the first place you should not even rev the car to warm it up, you have probably ruined your car's internal parts.....good luck to you man!

teejay;431634 said:
there is no way to tune 3 webers inline perfectly, its either 2 or 4 carbs

in the first place you should not even rev the car to warm it up, you have probably ruined your car's internal parts.....good luck to you man!

nevermind, tuning weber is my favourite, i have tuned twin webber before, is definitely not as easy as adjusting the jet only, but at least triple weber wont give me headache of wiring problem...

sorry about the typo, i rev hard when the engine is in normal working temperature which is more than half a bit... but it is really stressed that i cant troubleshoot any problem yet...

yim1986;431646 said:
nevermind, tuning weber is my favourite, i have tuned twin webber before, is definitely not as easy as adjusting the jet only, but at least triple weber wont give me headache of wiring problem...quote]

my fren, if you think tuning webers are easier then troubleshooting wiring, then you are dead wrong......tuning twins are not just adjusting the jet,-there's idle jets, vaccum ,air idle mix,float level, etc,etc,etc..... i wont go more detail coz you'd prob not understand the full system of a complicated weber carb

2 carbs already not easy, just imagine 3 carbs......good luck

teejay;431676 said:
yim1986;431646 said:
nevermind, tuning weber is my favourite, i have tuned twin webber before, is definitely not as easy as adjusting the jet only, but at least triple weber wont give me headache of wiring problem...quote]

my fren, if you think tuning webers are easier then troubleshooting wiring, then you are dead wrong......tuning twins are not just adjusting the jet,-there's idle jets, vaccum ,air idle mix,float level, etc,etc,etc..... i wont go more detail coz you'd prob not understand the full system of a complicated weber carb

2 carbs already not easy, just imagine 3 carbs......good luck

sure isn't easier than troubleshooting wiring, but i'm kinda pissed off with the wiring problem sometimes, i ask my friends about the the engine stall problem, they are also feeling confused already... if someone had faced this problem before and tell me what is the problem then is better than changing it to twin or triple carb, is involve a lot of money too...

just drove the E30 to fetch my brother, the engine stalled again while having a U-turn, is it the idling rpm too low? because i set it to 650rpm when the air cond is on... or maybe is the dwell angle timing is too advance? somebody please help!

please check your speed sensor wires and cable..behind the meters and the rear axle...

it's for a reason..

thanks for everyone advises... is my own tuning probem, because the car is now running without the power steering pump and fan clutch, so the i fully closed the timing control screw at the intake manifold, and adjusted the air flow and dwell angle...now is ok already,but will be going to my boss workshop to borrow his O2 sensor machine to re-tune again...

Top Bottom