My E12 story

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wjie20

Club Guest
Hey guys, thought of sharing my (on going) story of my E12. The car was given to me by my uncle to look after. As shown in my sig, it's a 1981 525 carbureted engine.
0e8ae52f.jpg
At first, it had problems starting. That's when I invited a fellow member e21maniac to take a look, since he knows more about the carburetor than I do. Fortunately it wasn't the carburetor that was malfunctioning.After I got my mechanic to take a look, a few days later. Found out that the ignition coil wasn't supplying enough electricity to ignite. After bypassing that, it finally started!Here's the video.http://youtu.be/AZv1smU2oCgThe car was in the workshop for some wiring inspection.Thanks to e21maniac who came to look at the car share experience.Forumer, pussy for sharing a number to another e12 owner.

After I got it back 3 days later, I washed it immediately!
My rinse bucket after soaping it the 2nd time!
be5a5257.jpg

A soaped car
02eb8b95.jpg

After car wash.
7187afcd.jpg

a2cb26dc.jpg

More updates after Saturday! Will be sending it to BlueGreen, I heard they have reputation.

:top: good condition e12 like yours is very hard to get. take good care of it.

-fm-;740979 said:
:top: good condition e12 like yours is very hard to get. take good care of it.
Thanks bro! Downside is transferring to Australia for my studies... Which means no body would look after it.

Parents don't mind just starting the car once a week. I don't think it's enough right?

a2cb26dc.jpg

Hi,are you a person that doesn't use handbrake ? notice the wheel wedge on the right rear wheel...

Yes, BG will do a good job, depends how far you want to go. As for the other e12 owner, is he helpful ?

your video is private.
hmm a bit hard if you are leaving overseas

pussy;741014 said:
a2cb26dc.jpg

Hi,are you a person that doesn't use handbrake ? notice the wheel wedge on the right rear wheel...

Yes, BG will do a good job, depends how far you want to go. As for the other e12 owner, is he helpful ?
Good eye, haha, I don't trust the handbrakes, but I recently remembered that I could just shift to first gear.

How does it depend on how far I wanna go with BG?
As for the other E12 owner, he was quite helpful indeed!

phas3r;741101 said:
your video is private.
hmm a bit hard if you are leaving overseas
Sorry, fixed the link. Should work now.

Any pointers on what I should do?

wjie20, what i mean, with BG, you can go from full restoration to basic restoration, depending on what you want to do. They are quite good in this.

cheers..

ICEMAN 13;741445 said:
pretty nice car you've got there ...
Thanks bro, see how la, maybe this oldskool meetup can make it.

pussy;741501 said:
wjie20, what i mean, with BG, you can go from full restoration to basic restoration, depending on what you want to do. They are quite good in this.

cheers..

I see, thanks... I hope they're not over priced.

That's a very nice E12 you have there.

Often find myself stumped differentiating the E12 with the E28. :biggrin:

As promised, an update after Saturday. BlueGreen did a quick check up, the engine needs overhaul...
Will do that soon!

I realized that I have never posted a pictures of the interior, so enjoy!!!

Drivers seat:
a60f35c2.jpg

Instrumental clusters:
d7b982de.jpg

Step into the 80's
f6c74d92.jpg

Backseat:
4e4b7cd9.jpg

Centre console:
32a6de4b.jpg

Note: up to 95% were all original, I think the power windows were an add on.

Btw, on the instrument cluster, anyone know what the amber colored warn light that says "OEL" or "DEL" ?

Eggie86;741623 said:
That's a very nice E12 you have there.

Often find myself stumped differentiating the E12 with the E28. :biggrin:

Me too man, until recently I found that there is some sort of black grill on the c pillars of the E12. And a different design for the E28.

Thanks for sharing the interior shots.

Btw, those leather seats will look awesome after a good washdown with a leather cleaner or something?

wjie20, i think "OEL" is the oil pressure warning light. When you start the engine, does the light go off?

Eggie86;743284 said:
Thanks for sharing the interior shots.

Btw, those leather seats will look awesome after a good washdown with a leather cleaner or something?
Hmm, I actually found some leather polish in the boot, I'll use that one day. But I'm sure my uncle ever used it.

-fm-;743465 said:
wjie20, i think "OEL" is the oil pressure warning light. When you start the engine, does the light go off?
Hmm, yeah it goes off after engine starts. I'm just curious on what it is, can't find user manual now a days haha.

Update: finally done with my exams....

But, my family is convincing me to sell the car because i am going over seas to study, will only be back once or twice a year.

Are there any ways I can do a long term storage and only use it twice a year perhaps?
I really don't wanna sell the car... :(

wjie20;750743 said:
Update: finally done with my exams....

But, my family is convincing me to sell the car because i am going over seas to study, will only be back once or twice a year.

Are there any ways I can do a long term storage and only use it twice a year perhaps?
I really don't wanna sell the car... :(

if ya plan to sell ..do pm me your price tag offer ya ..

TQ

Finally an update bro. Well, hopefully you're able to decide what's next to be done with the E12.

ICEMAN 13;750754 said:
if ya plan to sell ..do pm me your price tag offer ya ..

TQ

Haha, sure man. Im still hoping to keep it.

Eggie86;750857 said:
Finally an update bro. Well, hopefully you're able to decide what's next to be done with the E12.

Yeah, do you think I have a chance to keep it?

Top Bottom