my car wont crank, meter displaying "pppp"

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

unstopables_7

Official Member
I encountered this problem just a few minutes ago, where went i turn on the ignition there's no crank and after me trying a few times i realised that the temp and the fuel meter which used to move when the switch is on now its not and the meter is displaying "pppp"...Anyone experience it before? Pls advise. . Mine is a 325 manual..

Battery ok?? Also make sure the cable connector at the battery are tight enough.

Everything seems to be okay, lights,horn even hid..no sign of battery dead bcos the time and date is still showing(usually it will reset i thunknif bateery is dead)...connecters all seems to be okay.. :(

Normally the computer goes into a PPPP mode when the car has been boosted, or some other very drastically voltage changes have occurred. Try removing the battery head (some suggest long hours) and retry.

Still havent settle to me i think because,

This morning i try to start the car,but couldnot start,remove battery connecter for 20mins but still cannot..so what i did i jumper the starter then car starts ! .. And the best part after that i off and start normally the car is back to normal..but my meter is not working..everything not working and the "pppp" is still there..till now i dont know what really happend ..

Still havent settle to me i think because,

This morning i try to start the car,but couldnot start,remove battery connecter for 20mins but still cannot..so what i did i jumper the starter then car starts ! .. And the best part after that i off and start normally the car is back to normal..but my meter is not working..everything not working and the "pppp" is still there..till now i dont know what really happend ..

Have u tried remove the battery connector for long hours as per suggested by V-Man?? Try leave it disconnect for one night bro.

Hope to hear good news tomorrow. Keep updating us bro. It could happen to others also in future.

Top Bottom