My car feel bumpy...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

harry_7

Club Guest
Hi all sifu, anyone feel the e60 very bumpy? Especially on rough road. I've change new front absorber and m5 18 inch rims, corner handling not so good, can give advice? Some how, driving over hump feel suspension very hard...like no spring...

Hi Harry, is your ride an M-sport model? BTW please make an intro in the newbie section if you have not done so..thanks

Hi JFT63, i already intro in newbie from Puchong. Mine is e60 Japan spec hi line, not m sports, but weird feel so bumpy...

Hi Harry, if yours is a used car, perhaps the absorber is weak and has to be replaced. Did you ask your mechanic to help you check if everything is alright? Apart from that, the car's lower arm, bushes, etc might have to be replaced due to wear/tear. There are certainly multiple reasons as to why you are experiencing a bumpy ride :)

Shouldn't be such issue with new absorbers..btw how about your rear?

Front absorber changed only, due to leaking oil, rear didn't change cos still working fine. Both lower arm and bush already changed. The ori rims is 16 inch, currently change to M5 18 inch rims, should it be rims too heavy? Some how the consumption is high too 8.7 km/ liter, as shown on display. Before change rim was 9.1 km/ liter.

What tyres are u using? Are they runflats? If so, run flat tyres are bumpy.

Anyways, 18 inch 40 series tyres are bumpier than your 16" ori size tyres. You already sacrificed comfort when u switched to 18". That should be expected.

And yes, the 18" tyre setup is heavier than the 16" so does explain your fuel consumption.

Not using run flat, just normal tubeless tyres. So is 8.7km/ liter is normal consumption for 18 inch?

i guess so, mine only gets around 7.9 to 8.1 km/litre...

btw, i should mention that i had used the 16" wheel combo (borrowed set) around a week while waiting for my 18" wheels to be refurbished/repainted, and i can say that the ride is waaaay much more comfortable than the 18".

harry_7;670279 said:
Front absorber changed only, due to leaking oil, rear didn't change cos still working fine. Both lower arm and bush already changed. The ori rims is 16 inch, currently change to M5 18 inch rims, should it be rims too heavy? Some how the consumption is high too 8.7 km/ liter, as shown on display. Before change rim was 9.1 km/ liter.

ok..changing to 18' rims sacrifices 15% comfort ride and fuel consumption but you get the better look of it..

JFT63;670520 said:
ok..changing to 18' rims sacrifices 15% comfort ride and fuel consumption but you get the better look of it..

19" lagi pening, lol. You know KL roads are so uneven with potholes, really makes me feel sad whenever I go through them. Not only that, it's really bumpy. I can't imagine those people on E60 with 20" and lowered their ride.

aoch88;670527 said:
19" lagi pening, lol. You know KL roads are so uneven with potholes, really makes me feel sad whenever I go through them. Not only that, it's really bumpy. I can't imagine those people on E60 with 20" and lowered their ride.

Forgot that you're using 19'..i can understand how u feel as i used to shod 19' on my v6 long time ago..now running 18' only on my 39 and i still feel good about it to date..20' wheels? i dont have the guts la bro..unless it is a beautiful garage queen..

JFT63;670570 said:
Forgot that you're using 19'..i can understand how u feel as i used to shod 19' on my v6 long time ago..now running 18' only on my 39 and i still feel good about it to date..20' wheels? i dont have the guts la bro..unless it is a beautiful garage queen..

20" totally out of the question. In the area I stay, most of the road condition is horrible. They don't patch and even if they do, it gets damaged again after a few weeks. I feel so sad because I paid RM2.1K for road tax and I get this type of road :( I think I will really consider changing to 18" after my tyre has worn out. Smaller is ok, at least comfort is there and tyre noise not so bad, haha.

Agree that 16 is much more comfortable, and agree too consumption VS beautiness...

aoch88;670575 said:
20" totally out of the question. In the area I stay, most of the road condition is horrible. They don't patch and even if they do, it gets damaged again after a few weeks. I feel so sad because I paid RM2.1K for road tax and I get this type of road :( I think I will really consider changing to 18" after my tyre has worn out. Smaller is ok, at least comfort is there and tyre noise not so bad, haha.

Definitely, i would stay with 18' with my decent ride..our roadtax is paid for nothing less than getting potholes and puddles of water on our roads..driving never feels so smooth unless you drive to east coast..Johor and melaka state roads are the worst IMO..no offense ehh..

JFT63;670520 said:

yeah• i agree with that。it looks cool with the 18"。Rather feel harder with a good handling instead of comfort。 Thats the UDM was all about。For fuel consumption, mine is only 7•8-8•6l only

howeesze;670918 said:
yeah• i agree with that。it looks cool with the 18"。Rather feel harder with a good handling instead of comfort。 Thats the UDM was all about。For fuel consumption, mine is only 7•8-8•6l only

Your FC is quite ok bro,,yours is an e60?

Top Bottom