Misfiring M50 24valve

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Cressidom

Club Guest
Hi my E34 M50 has been misfiring/rough idling lately as if the plugs are shot...ormoisture in the electrical system I.e. Coil packs..anyone have any idea of the costinvolved should the coil packs need replacing? Also there was a pool of oil in the intake hoses and T/Body. Any ideas ?CheersDom

if there was a pool of oil in the intake boot area, chances are oil may have gotten into your coil packs/plugs/plug boots

suggest you check each coil plugs individually and plug boot too

details will be added in by the m50 sifu.......

m50 valve cover design has a slight flaw where engine oil can seep into the combustion chamber/coil plug chamber, there could also be a vaccum leak, if this happens, thats why Albundy changed his valve cover to the newer m52 design

teejay.., thanks for your info..

I think i have that problems..., some oil trap at T/body..., also noticed some oil in the plug boot..., if change the valve cover gasket, can it solve these areas problem? especially at T/body..

Can the above problem also caused for hard starting (longer cranking)...?

Thanks..

wan520i said:
teejay.., thanks for your info..

I think i have that problems..., some oil trap at T/body..., also noticed some oil in the plug boot..., if change the valve cover gasket, can it solve these areas problem? especially at T/body..

Can the above problem also caused for hard starting (longer cranking)...?

Thanks..

wan,
if there is a leak in the gasket, then changing may slove the problem,but may not be 100% , as there maybe other small vaccum leaks.
but if your valve cover is warped, then changing the gasket won't help much as the oil can still seep into those chambers

long hard starting has a series of possible causes, and yes this could be one of them

i believe Pussy and Albundy has more knowledge on the m50 technicalities and they should be able troubleshoot/diagnose the problem further........wonder if they are sleeping in the pitstop now......:D

Hellppp!!!!!

Pussy..Albundy....TOLONGGGGG !!!!!

Need your advice on the topic..M50..oil in the intake system.

Tks./dom

Cressidom said:
ALbundy..Pussy your input appreciated..!!!

I think they both are very busy now !

Pussy....E28 touch up !!!!!!!!:D or may be in Hatyai now :cool:

Albundy .........Turbo tuning !!!!!!!:D

yes.. somebody needs help.. sorry was very busy..

engine oil in the plug coils well...suggest that you change engine..hehehe

sorry, carried away..

t believe that you need to change the valve cover gasket and the coils rubber boot first. as for the oil in the intake manifold, is standard in all M50's.
if there is so much oil in the trottle body, then change the 'black' hose connector at the valve cover. if it's new, then you might have over fill the engine oil above the recomended level or you have been revving the engine too much..high rpm driving..the bmw engine works under extreme pressures in the engine cos 'air' is force down and up during every combustion cycle hence oil will be moving too and it escapes thru the hose breather to the engine intake..

dun worry, unless your oil levels reduces every 3000kms, then you have nothing to fear..

regards.

Pussy

Thanks much on the advice..just changed the valve cover gasket etc..so far smooth..let's see what happens in a week.

By the 'black' which one you mean ?

Cheers
Dom

Top Bottom