Minor Steering mod

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

primus2211

Club Guest
Hi Folks, Thought I'd share this minor mod which I derive much pleasure from. Fatter steering wheel with thumb rest without having to sell your kidney for the BMW sport steering. :wink:View attachment 29533

subsonique;814306 said:
where you mod it at la bro? can flat bottom it?

Bro, got it done at your good buddy Melvin's place. Don't think can flat bottom, that one would need serious reconstruction of the steering shape I reckon. Seen it online but cost a bundle.

wingzee;814311 said:
I presume the pricing should be about RM250 to RM300ish? :D

Slightly more than that cos I asked them to use leather that closely match the texture of the original. Faux leather would be cheaper, if nappa, much more from experience.

primus2211;814385 said:
Bro, got it done at your good buddy Melvin's place. Don't think can flat bottom, that one would need serious reconstruction of the steering shape I reckon. Seen it online but cost a bundle.
which Melvin la? Exquisite Marques? hehe they have leather wrapping services now? steady!

subsonique;814387 said:
which Melvin la? Exquisite Marques? hehe they have leather wrapping services now? steady!

Yup yup, they've actually been doing this for a while, seats and parts leather even. Dunno who does it for them but pretty good job.

nice bro! how long did it take for the wrapping bro? and at exquisite marques ?

:) just tried a maiden long drive on my f10, ride was good...however thumb a bit sore because of the tiny steering wheel, am used to my prev msport steering..

terewbonf;814424 said:
nice bro! how long did it take for the wrapping bro? and at exquisite marques ?

:) just tried a maiden long drive on my f10, ride was good...however thumb a bit sore because of the tiny steering wheel, am used to my prev msport steering..

I think 3-4 days, lost track of time cos I left the car there then ran off to S'pore. Agreed on the thin steering, not very ideal at all.

Top Bottom