Microfilter and parts for cleaner/odorless air in cabin

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chaiks

Club Guest
Lately, got Naidu in replacing parts to keep outside air from seeping into cabin. Still developing headache while driving. Don't have ETK to obtain the part no. Will need some help from forummers here who have one.1. Replaced the microfilter, but looks likely I need to change to the carbon type.2. Replaced the front cover for the cabin area in the engine bay. Done & no problem.3. The o-ring rubber of the air-duct from the microfilter to the cabin is almost gone. Naidu only taped it, cause its out of stock and expensive replacement. Anyone know can just change the o-ring rubber for the air-duct part? Whats the etk, price and who can get it from?In fact, he used to mod the air-duct by drilling holes in it to pull the duct tighter to the microfilter box. He mentioned my 2002/2003 model is different and cannot be done. Frankly, I prefer to change to new one, but only 4 years old and the rubber worn so badly. I wonder its common and any prevention?4. Will get Naidu to service the air-cond tomorrow, cause the blower is quite dirty (did my best in DIY cleaning). Probably due to the dirty air sucked in from the gap/hole in the air-duct rubber.Hope the air-cond service/cleaning will help my headache.Cheers.

it is only RM100 for the cabin carbon air filter but most people will not bother to change it as most will have the internal air circulation set to avoid sucking outside air, unless you are driving in the cool air road like jungle or moutain! They will surprise how dirty the filter has become overtime..

The o-ring easy to wear out..My mechanic only tight them up with wire instead the o-ring..

zank,
You are right; city driving will mostly have the air recirculation on. Not much of a use for the micro filter. Anyway, at least now I know how to DIY clean the micro filter box & air-duct parts, aside from the engine air filter.

bmw7833,
Probably same approach Naidu mentioned, drill holes in the air-duct plastic casing & use wire to tighten them to the micro filter box.

Meanwhile, I'll delay the air-cond service, cos for e-39 apparently needs to remove dashboard. Labor cost is high & usually need to change parts. Wouldn't want to remove the dashboard unless necessary, & anyway the air-cond is still cold.

Just replaced the rubber padding for the driver’s door, hopefully this will help eliminate the odor. At the same time will try out the old recipe in using coal &/or pandan leaves. :top:

Cheers.

Guys, solve my bad odor problem in the cabin. Its a dirty & decaying sponge on "trim panel foot controls" or the panel below the dashboard for the driver/steering side. Had to get a set of fillister head screwdriver to remove it and DIY clean.

No more smell, all along its inside the car not from outside. Details in my blog.

Just sharing:rock:.

Top Bottom