Maybach vs Phantom vs Bentley

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Daredevil

Founding Member
Just watched Beyond Tomorrow where the Maybach was featured. Simply speechless...Sure, the Maybach costs upwards of $300,000 (in US). But it is also arguably the best car ever made, a seminal study in properly applied excess. The car weighs more than 6,000 pounds, yet the 664 lb.-ft. of torque coming from its twin-turbocharged V-12 pushes its 0-to-60 time into a Corvette's 5-second range. Its active air suspension chews corners with minimal body lean, the interior is decked out with options like a champagne chiller and entertainment system, and the roof's electrochromic panels can become transparent in seconds, giving you a high-tech sunroof. Solar panels run an interior fan that keeps the car cool when parked. $300,000-$350,000 Source : Article from popsci
The Maybach comes from the Mercedes-Benz stable.It's bigger and better than anything Merc has made until now (except perhaps for the Pullman 600 of many years ago), although about 20% of the components are sourced from Mercedes-Benz, most of them from the already luxurious S-Class.Wheels24 was at the exclusive launch of the car at the new Melrose Arch development in Johannesburg.And what we can tell you is that Maybach takes the description "luxury" to levels that certainly this scribbler has not seen before. And that includes a fair bit of exposure to the best from Rolls-Royce and Bentley.Take rear seat legroom. In the "short wheelbase" Maybach, the 57 (5.72 metres long) it's more than a metre. And even more in the long wheelbase Maybach 63 (6.16 metres).Take power. A massive 405 kW at 5 250 r/min, and 900 Nm of torque from between 2 300 r/min and 3 000 r/min. All this from a twin turbo V12 Mercedes engine of 5.5-litres that sees the 0-100 km/h sprint dispatched in 5.2 seconds on the 57, 5.4 seconds in the 62.Top speed is limited to 250 km/h and overall fuel consumption by the new Euro drive cycle method is a reasonable 15.9 litres/100 km.Car of excellenceDan Moeletsi, head of the Mercedes-Benz car division, was keen to point out that the Maybach is not just about passenger car excellence, it's about excellence in service.You'll never need to visit a showroom to look at a Maybach, to detail the specification, or to service it.Maybach will do all that for you via its "Butler service" notably in the hands of Maybach personal liaison manger Roger Tobler.If anything happens, or it needs to be serviced, you'll be given a top end Mercedes S-Class until it's ready.If it's a big problem, they'll fly out technicians from Germany.Which is just as well, for all servicing is done in Sandton, Gauteng, with cars shipped back and forth from your home on a flatbed.Oh, and it has a 4 year warranty and unlimited distance maintenance plan, so the only thing you'll ever pay for is tyres and breakages.There's so much in this car that to list it would be impossible.Never mind all the best that Mercedes has to offer in terms of safety and luxury features. Throw in a fridge box, DVD and TV players back and front, dual telephones, fully-reclining rear seats with leg rests - everything you'll ever get in airline first class, plus a lot more.How's about a glass panoramic sunroof that changes from opaque to clear at the touch of a button? Or doors that close electrically? Folding tables, handcrafted wood and leather throughout - the list is virtually endless.You can specify a safe box, or a sliding partition. You can have gold trim inside and out. You can have a rear view camera. In fact, there is a total of 2-million permutations to cater for individual preferences.Maybach even boasts the biggest boot in the business (605 litres) and a 110 litre fuel tank.Source : Wheels24
In Australia, this car is about AUD1 mil. :blink:

how bout a coupe?

maybachcoupe.jpg

The Exelero was also featured in the programme. It rocks man. 700BHPs. TOtally awesome.

Hey The Necc, don't you feel RR designs are getting a bit dated? :D

At least this one will suit young billionaires image more lah... i.e. Abromovich.. Hahaha....

Maybach is among the expensive car in the world, But Rolls Royce has the prestige over Maybach and both are the most expensive luxury vehicles. I personally prefer the Rolls Royce(Phantom).

Maybach is certaintly awesome - no expense spared driving .. the luxury looks fantastic inside.

But at that level and cost you don't just want to look like an overdone S-Class.... you can AFFORD to look a little bit traditional.. the Phantom beats it in that class! Top Gear always gives their vote to the Phantom in any Phantom vs Maybach review... If anything the virtues of the two cars are

Maybach - top of the line and state of the art modern luxury - pick this if you want smooth and slick

Phantom - very traditional.. with so much money you don't need smooth and slick.. this car laughs in the face of modern streamlined designs

Oh.. Simon Cowell (American Idol) was featured in a recent Top Gear magazine as having love his Phantom to bits .. his best car!

DD,

no lar, the new RR Phantom is actually one of the better modern interpretations of traditional styling cues (the DB7 is another design that comes readily to mind, oh, and the Range Rover). It's actually very modern in a post late '90s minimalist kinda way. Opulant, yet classy.

Actually, I think the RR will probably find more homes with the "young billionaire" crowd, cos the one thing that the nouveau riche usually lack, is class, hence they will try to buy it. The fools.

Actually true also. RR commands more finnese. Afterall, I've not heard of Maybach aeroplane engines. :D

Even the logo has more character.

Maybach tak cantik lah...... RR pun..... Bently's r better looking IMHO....

Nice.....very classic...ok lah...I've decided to get both maybach and RR when I hit the lottery. :D

Ummmm... do I sense that DD has just made a huge business coup? Nasi Kandar is turning out to be a big hit down under eh?! TT and HH to be sponsored by you on your next return and anytime you're back!!!!

If ask to choose free,I'll take Bentley. Sit in all of them (not drive) when I do freelance job for one of Sultan Brunei brother, only one I sit and the car move and it was Bentley.
They move me from one "room" to "next room" to fix their 20 over Barco Projector.
The car : Awesome torque

I believe the other also produce sort of same feeling.

abit late in this issue, just saw it.. I still prefer the older models of Rolls and Bentleys even back in the 50s models ever had drive in the 1955 Rolls Royce Silver Dawn don't feel any sound from the engine shoik lah.

Top Bottom