Matt Black Color

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

june_yap

Club Guest
Anyone have any idea that this 'Matt Black' or 'Flat Black' color legal in Malaysia?Is this color easy to maintain?

i think any colour is okay as long as it's not chrome or reflective...

june_yap;382079 said:
Anyone have any idea that this 'Matt Black' or 'Flat Black' color legal in Malaysia?

Is this color easy to maintain?

Almost sprayed falt black on my car, based on my knowledge, pls find below my comments
Pro: Looks sexy, no polish required (actually you can't polish it), just wash with water.
Con: Once scratch, no matter how minor, you would need to respray as ..remember you can't polish.
But flat is among the latest trend, as long as you like it, just nike (just do it).
I didn,t do it for practical reason.

hmmm... still thinking about between alpine white or flat black...
thanks for the info.

I saw one unit of E60 matt black on sale in Motor Trader... was wondering if it's the same model that you mention here...
It definitely looks great... but need extra care as it gets dirty easily...

Come on June...go go go...... Flat Black!!!! Flat Black!!!!

june_yap;382079 said:
Anyone have any idea that this 'Matt Black' or 'Flat Black' color legal in Malaysia?

Is this color easy to maintain?

It has been done b4 in Malaysia... its matte black. Check out the M5 thread. I posted a pic of a Kedah plate matte black E60 M5 b4.

Yup saw one Nissan GTR also done in Matt Black just last week around PJ area. I believe original colour was metallic black coz the inner door panels, etc was still metallic black. Only the outer panels are all matt black. It looked like a stealth fighter man with that colour. :)

oopppssss!! really flat black?
if this color need to have bodykit, or else not nice...
if alpine white without bodykit is ok and look standard.

June, you can also get the flat black look using vinyl stickers. If you search for flat black gtr you will find a singapore gtr which is also flat black using vinyl stickers. That's probably why ehoe noticed the flat black gtr with metallic door sills etc. Its just a sticker on the outside.

I understand cost is not cheap for the stickers and the install. Possibly around 3-5k and it last maybe 5 years. FYI

thanks... yea, the sticker is not cheap... last time my friend in advertising import this sticker, around rm2k can wrap 3 cars suppose... but his first trial used the whole roll for his own car!
t*m sticker got this product too...

my vote -alpine white ..go..go..go...but need to wash the car every day ..not easy to maintain ..

guys, i know this is an old thread but anyone knows how much a matte black wrap now costs? anyone knows where to do it? or where to get the vinyl stickers?

i cannot imagine how to clean up an OIL stain on a matt black..??

here are some for u to cuci mata...enjoy

1206091724.jpg

1206091721.jpg

Top Bottom