Manual E36 318i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lavon2007

Club Guest
Hi fellow BMW lovers...I just got myself a manual E36 318i and I need some piece of advice from you nice people whom I belive do know about this baby the most...1. I noticed a cranky noise from the water pump area, is it the bearing problem like what a mechanic said?2. I can smell petrol odor whenever I start my ride… is it something wrong with the petrol pump components?3. The engine timing is rough and recently mechanics manage to correct the electrical cables problem which caused the petrol level and temperature indicator to malfunction plus the third brake light.4. Any suggestion on what brand and type of coil over springs with reasonable price suits this E36?Appreciate your advice… goodday:wink:

firstly you did not specify what engine it is ?? M40 ka , m43 ka ??

awating for the engine type ...

lavon2007;484842 said:
Hi fellow BMW lovers...

I just got myself a manual E36 318i and I need some piece of advice from you nice people whom I belive do know about this baby the most...

1. I noticed a cranky noise from the water pump area, is it the bearing problem like what a mechanic said?

2. I can smell petrol odor whenever I start my ride… is it something wrong with the petrol pump components?

3. The engine timing is rough and recently mechanics manage to correct the electrical cables problem which caused the petrol level and temperature indicator to malfunction plus the third brake light.

4. Any suggestion on what brand and type of coil over springs with reasonable price suits this E36?

Appreciate your advice… goodday
:wink:

Welcome to the forum.

1) Could be the belt tensioner bearing, alternator bearing and so forth. Use a scope to check.

2) Check for leaks, fuel hoses. Most common place is where the fuel hose is connected to the fuel rail. The end hose tip could be cracked.

3) As for the engine timing, check the sensors and air flow sensor. Or just plug in a diagnostic machine.

4) H&R is reputedly the best. Eibach is not too shabby as well, but be aware of imitation ones.

Good Luck.

Cheers

Bro, congrats on your purchase...assisting for your 4th question. others have to wait for sifus to answer.

lavon2007;484842 said:
Hi fellow BMW lovers...

I just got myself a manual E36 318i and I need some piece of advice from you nice people whom I belive do know about this baby the most...

1. I noticed a cranky noise from the water pump area, is it the bearing problem like what a mechanic said?

2. I can smell petrol odor whenever I start my ride… is it something wrong with the petrol pump components?

3. The engine timing is rough and recently mechanics manage to correct the electrical cables problem which caused the petrol level and temperature indicator to malfunction plus the third brake light.

4. Any suggestion on what brand and type of coil over springs with reasonable price suits this E36? HnR or Eibach both about RM 1k +-

Appreciate your advice… goodday
:wink:

hi lavon.. welcome aboard. nice car you got there.. perfect to take to an empty car park along with a few pylons :D

see a competent mechanic on those technical gremlins. H&R for springs, mated with those yellow Bilsteins.. i swear by them :)

Guyz, zillion thanks to yo'll for such a humble and priceless advice!!!

ICEMAN: Ow, it's the M40, bro...

ALBUNDY: U r a Guru...

PRINZE: Alright Bro... either Aibach or H&R it is...

MIZHAM: Hahaha... thnks bro. Unfortly mine is juz a 318 puny... and Bro, ok.. Bilstein is nw in the shopng list...

Perhaps any gathering, count me in, ait....

Top Bottom