Malaysia made Michelin PP2- Is it any gooG

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seb

Club Guest
I am contemplating replacing my 17" wheels to Malaysian made Michelin PP2. Currently I am on imported version of the PP tyres and quite pleased with them. They are really expensive though. Anyone has good experience on the malaysian version? what is the average price for 225/45/17?

I just changed my front tyres same specs as yours but Made in Thailand. Rm510 each

seb;387156 said:
I am contemplating replacing my 17" wheels to Malaysian made Michelin PP2. Currently I am on imported version of the PP tyres and quite pleased with them. They are really expensive though. Anyone has good experience on the malaysian version? what is the average price for 225/45/17?

Aiiya Don't lar. PP2 is no good anymore. Got so many better tyres in the shop now. I have it for 5 month and threw away.Mine was made in Japan. Laowyar

Fallken 452 or Yokohama s drive same price roughly much better.

Just got a set of Bridgestone MY01 225/45/17, Made in Thailand, 350each. Found out - the Conti is about 700 each & Michellin Energy is about 1K each...

pardypeople;390195 said:
Just got a set of Bridgestone MY01 225/45/17, Made in Thailand, 350each. Found out - the Conti is about 700 each & Michellin Energy is about 1K each...

I thought MY - 01 is old model tyre. No?
Like Bridgestone G-3 (which I think is better) also old model.

Some people said Bridgestone RE-001 Adrenalin is the new model. Only rm650 each.
Michelin is no competitive. Some said got hardening problem sometimes. Not sure which country made it. Check autoworld.com

Just took local Dunlop Formula 01 215/45/17 last week for RM230 each, quite please with them for now.

the RE-001 is a damn good tyre.. awesome grip, dun last long, easy to get nails stucked in...

down to my last 2mm, dry grip is super, but not so noisy, rain drive like snail...

i use the same (RE-001). very true la pussy.
does not last long and love nails. Got 3-4 nails already.

ho_mun;390197 said:
I thought MY - 01 is old model tyre. No?
Like Bridgestone G-3 (which I think is better) also old model.

Some people said Bridgestone RE-001 Adrenalin is the new model. Only rm650 each.
Michelin is no competitive. Some said got hardening problem sometimes. Not sure which country made it. Check autoworld.com

Yes the RE-001 is awesome but big difference in terms $$$ and it wares off faster. The MY01 manufacture date is somewhere mid-2008 so not so bad larr. Was using the Yokohama Advan Neova, Made In Japan and all I can say is :top::top::top:

Hey, RM650 for RE001? I got mine at RM560 (mid 2007) for size 225/45/17 & made in Japan. I got it from Bridgestone Tire Service Centre in Shah Alam. Unless price has increase tremendously, at RM560 for one is a steal in terms of grip performance. Try driving on smooth cement floors in car park with the windows down. Does not squek much. On the wear part, I travel frequently from KL to PG, even the last Potenzas RIII, it lasted me at least 2 1/2 years and my current Potenza adrenalin is coming to 2 years. Still have 50% thread but the back does wear out faster (courtesy of rear wheel drive car). Adrenalins wont wear as fast as Yokohamas (only lasted 1 1/2years tops on mine) & is definately more audible. One thing is certain, Adrenalins are magnets to nails. They really pick up every pebbles and objects from the road. However, I am sold on them. Will use it for my next tire change. Hey, anyone used this set-up (front 235/45/17, back 245/45/17) before for a E36-318i?

Top Bottom