Machining disc brake

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
Can we machining our bimmer disc break? i am worry the dangerous if i machine the disc brake bcoz the car like this running fast in high way..i am planning to machine my front disc brake, shake now when breaking..:mad:

skimming??? machining la..soli if i dun know wat is skimming. bbut the sifu said machining ler..

i think it's called skimming too... It's to get the surface of the disc flat. Or else it will shake when you brake at certain speed.

F_Fahrer.. couldn't agree more.... but malaysian roads woh... hehheh.. my 2 sens

bmw7833 said:
skimming??? machining la..soli if i dun know wat is skimming. bbut the sifu said machining ler..
if sifu say can do.. then sesat has nothing else to input.. ;)

If your original spec front brake disc thickness is 22mm, after machined, the thickness should NOT be less than 20.40mm. If 10mm for rear, minimum is 8.4mm.

And after machined the discs, you should use new set of brake pads..., NEVER use old pads on new discs...

Good luck!

i machine the disc brake under recommend of sifu in TWO-B JB. i thk the sifu know all about this, hohh..?

funfer_fahrer, where u got ori disc brake cost only rm260?? rm260 for one or one pair?

bmw7833 said:
funfer_fahrer, where u got ori disc brake cost only rm260?? rm260 for one or one pair?

Just for one disc only. Not a pair. And I mean disc brake not brake pad. What was the price you got?

last two mth i change no-ori disc brake on rm130. but one mth after install, my steering shake again when break..

If it was me, I'd replace the brake discs. RM500+ for a pair of new discs is nothing when it comes to safety.

bmw7833, I think it would help if you include your car model in your profile... I think u should know that BMW produces a lot of models...;) not like plotong, 20 years but still selling something similar to what they had 20 years ago...

Top Bottom