M5 style mirrors

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wc9922

Club Guest
I was wondering any of the members here have these replica M5 mirrors on their ride?I've seen a few, been to a few shops and looks like there a couple of versions : memory, no memory etc.for those who have installed, I recall almost all E39's in Malaysia does not come with auto-fold functions. Maybe only the Japan spec cars does as standard. I dont have fold function on my standard unit but I have memory seatHow was the wiring done for to fit the replica M5? Heard the common way of wiring it was wired to the key switch , so when there's no power, the mirror folds up and when u start the car, it comes down. Isn't this kind of cool but... will the motors last?Has anyone wired it differently like with a switch so you can fold it up or down as you please? It's very confusing this M5 mirror. please share your experience, mates! cheers:rock:

we have in install quite a lot on e39. even oin the president's E39. The taiwan m5 style mirror comes with memory n non memory. normally most of the e39 does not come with foldable function. In your case you need to buy a set of mirror that comes with memory setting and add relay and do wiring that can either connect to the key or we can install a switch for the foldable mirror. Hope this will clarify your problem.

Thanks Marco. I will pop by and have a look at the choices at your place. Does the no-auto-folding model exist besides these autofold units? and do you do the painting as well? cheers mate!

marcochen;272699 said:
we have in install quite a lot on e39. even oin the president's E39. The taiwan m5 style mirror comes with memory n non memory. normally most of the e39 does not come with foldable function. In your case you need to buy a set of mirror that comes with memory setting and add relay and do wiring that can either connect to the key or we can install a switch for the foldable mirror. Hope this will clarify your problem.

How much those fodable mirror? How long it takes to install? Do I need to paint 1st before installing?

the last person who installed tis thing was isma , he told me marco gave him good price RM1600, rite marco ????

Top Bottom