M42 and S14

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the s14 cams cant be fitted into a m42, its quite impossible. nothing from the s14 would actually line up with with the m42 as the s14 parts are much longer.

the s14 engine is a based on a modified m10 block mated to a dohc motorspport head which is derived from a m88/s38 m5 engine with the last two cylinder deleted. where else the m42 is based on the smaller m40 block. both engine have highly different cylinder centre distance measurements.

you can call the m10 or s14 the "big four" and the m40-m44 the "baby four". a good reference would be the m30 "big six" and m20 "baby six"engines. they have very similar differences. both "babies" has shorter casting length when compared to the former.

i know S14 cams can be fitted into the V engines....

too bad my V engine has only 2 cylinders......

teejay said:

Boleh ke ? :rolleyes:

Now .. where did I put the V enjin ...;)

hi guys, is it possible / easy to source S14 engine nowadays ? how much ?

faeizal said:
oderf with honda? with SSR rims?

yep with honda, yeah use to have SSR rims...then change to spoon replica...then change to VR...now with advan racing....later ? dunno...maybe BBS or Mtech..:D ....errr...btw, is there any chance that we know each other ?:confused:

bro... we met at KFC UM... i was looking to swap my OZ rims... remember... ??? waaaa now u playing beemer haaa....

faeizal said:
bro... we met at KFC UM... i was looking to swap my OZ rims... remember... ??? waaaa now u playing beemer haaa....

ooo...its u....no wonder la ur nick looks familiar.....u regular here ah bro ? what's ur ride ? E30 ? E36 ? E46 ? or E90 ?
me got no bimmer myself yet lah.....just start eyeing for one...slow2...

hehehe... yeah slow2...

not regular here laaaa... i'm here to gather informations to maintain my wife's E36... this forum very useful to find info and to know where to find stuffs and so forth...

eh... sorry aar topic starter... jejak kasih abit here... sorry2 datuk

teejay said:

Bro,

Itu motor nanti boleh terbang wor..! :D

S14 is not known for reliability in tropical climate. and it isnt city driving frenly due to its high revving nature and lack of low end torque.

faezal, ic..ic....

fabian, so anyone here running S14 ? so u r saying that s14 is not a reliable engine ?

Top Bottom