m20b20 erratic idling during cold start!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dungbtle

Club Guest
Good day everyone, my e30 m20b20 has 2 probs now: 1, erratic idling when i start it in the morning/night or when its cold..its really bad , most of the times i have to keep my foot on the pedal to keep it from dying.what could be the prob? ICV? if yes, can i service it myself or something?2,my secondary fan(electric-fan) kicks in whenever i turn on the aircond, and its going on and off very intermittently even when its in the middle of the night when its cooling.in fact, even in cameron highlands its still intermittenly coming on and off every 2-3minutes.(i thought its supposed to kick in when the engine is running too hot)Well, Once its on, my car looses power drastically and i'd have to waste more petrol to get the car going. and besides that, the secondary fan is one super noisy bugger.My question is, is there something wrong with my secondary fan? thanks!Han.

regarding the ICV, you can take it out and clean it with petrol.

For the secondary fan, if im not mistaken, the fan will turn on by itself when you turn on the AC. The fan itself have 2 speed, low and high speed. High speed will turned on by itself once the thermostat detects high temps.

my 2 cents

okay bro,

okay bro, i'll go check it out, maybe clean the ICV this morning and see if that helps~
thanks!

Han.

Top Bottom