Lowering Springs for e34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

feisaldzul

Club Guest
i need help from the sifus out there.the gap between the front wheel/the body and my back wheel/the body is not the same.the front wheel seems to have a big gap and thus it looks hideous.i just replaced all four suspensions with Bilstein OE replacements abt 2 months back.1. wat wud be a reasonable recommended springs for lowering it?2. how much should i lower the car?3. do i need to lower the back as well or just the front?4. any idea on price? or where to get the item?i dont want to lower it too much till my front skirting hits the bump everytime i come across one.check out the gap on my car here -> http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=459thanks for the feedback

The gap between the front wheel/body and backwheel/body will never be the same unless you make your car point downwards.........coz the wheel arches are different heights from the ground.

Most spings in the market will lower the E34 by claimed 40mm, but if your spring is too soft then there will be problems clearing humps. I went thru this experience myself when I was on B & G springs. It was soft thus comfortable. If the rear tyre pressure drops too much (by more than 2 psi), then the bottom will hit the lower type of humps.

I am now on Apex. Comfort wise still acceptable but handling is greatly improved. The lowering seems to be less than the B & G and the front skirting will only hit when going up very steep angles.

I would not recommend just lowering the front coz the spring rates for front & rear will be different and you can't buy just the front springs alone.

Pricewise, expect to pay around RM1,200 for eibach, RM1,000 for Apex and RM600 for B & G. Not sure how much is H & R.

B & G is from 911 Zentrum. PM me if you want to get in touch with the Apex dealer.

go with eibach and 16" rims... they work fine no scraping on humps even on full load!!

sigh..miss my red car...

I agree with OSF.I am also on APEX.Happy with it.Firm enuff but not jumpy or bouncy.Cost rm980 'bout 4 yrs back.

You will have clearance problem if you lower your car too much. The most painful part about driving a lowered car is not the firmer ride. Its when you have to go to Jaya Jusco or some other department store parking with humps that are high enough to scratch the bottom of your car.

Notwithstanding that, the benefits that lowered springs bring to handling, for me outweighs the disadvantages. I used to get that floating feeling with my standard springs, which btw had a gap of about 4inches between the tyres and the fender at the front (was not so bad at the rear). Changed my springs to H&R a few months back and simply love the way my car looks. The ride and handling is much better and I can now drive at greater speeds with confidence.

So, do get yourself the lowered springs, and do some research on the types of springs available.

Some links:

http://www.h-r.com
http://www.eibach.com
http://www.bilstein.com

Others - can't find website.

Personally, I would lean towards H&R. Its a little bit more aggressive than Eibachs etc.

Think of adjustable height.

Think of coilovers too.

Have fun deciding which one. Good luck!

OSF/Moots,
Can you pls PM me the number for the APEX dealer?
How low is yr car lowered by using APEX?

Al,
I will probably be using 40 or 45 profile tires

Pussy,
Rim 17 lah hehehe

Ichiwan,
How much is the H&R spring and if you have the contact of the dealer, pls do PM me the number/details

Wat abt the other e34s out there?
Wat lowering springs are you guys using?

i know that with eibachs/bilstein touring the worry is not so much the front skirting scraping the bumps. need to watch out for those small bumps though. the tyres don't 'ride' the mini humps but 'trips' and crashes over those damn fark and you hear 'kheeeek' as something at the bottom (could be the control arm) goes through some unwanted polishing...

brgds

Anyone knows where to get eibachs for e34s?
Pls. PM me.

Much appreciated.
Thanks.

Anyone knows how much you can lower your car before it takes a serious toll on your precious tyres?

BMW M suspension always seems to lower only about 10-15mm from stock while Eibach and friends can go for 40mm or more! How much is too much before you induce undesirable toe and camber changes? This should concern some of you with RM800 or more a piece tyres. Dun pray-pray!

Bought it at Munich Auto Supply, Segambut (same row as Bavarian Auto) last week.

Lowered around 1 inch.

Originally posted by Amir@Jan 6 2005, 03:14 PM
Bought it at Munich Auto Supply, Segambut (same row as Bavarian Auto) last week.

Lowered around 1 inch.
picture picture.. show picture!!! lol

feisaldzul ...

he .. he .. he .. the bugs got u already is it ??? Lowered bang .. jgn tak lowered ...

Perrghhhh .....

235/45/17 depan, 265/40/17 belakang .. M5 body kit .. Spring .. merayap nampak kereta tu ... puhhhhhh ....

Errrr .. shock tak nak ke ? KONI ke, BILSTEIN ke .....

:p

anybody got lubang for Eibach in town? pls PM me if its not too much of trouble

tengkiu

Top Bottom