Loss of power

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KingLazy

Club Guest
I'm a newbie who just acquired a 325i with Alpina accessories. Have just done a full flush and after that experienced loss of power. Took back to my mechanic who's tune it to advance mode and now the power is fine!Any idea what caused the loss of power in the first place?Is it advisable to tune it to advance mode? Are there any pros and cons to it?Also, for city driving, I'm getting around 300km mileage on a full tank of gas. Is that normal?All the sifus out there, your advice is much appreciated!

I'm new to BMWs also collecting mine on Monday but 300km for full tank seems awfully high consumption!

I'm keen to find out also :) Hope some senior owners here can shed some light.

For comparison I can tell you the comsumption for other cars as a yardstick :-

1. Proton with evo engine running at 300hp on wheel - 350km full tank
2. Skyline R33 RB25 2.5 litre 6 cylinder approx 230hp on wheel single turbo - 350km full tank

Originally posted by KingLazy@Oct 30 2005, 02:44 PM
What kind of mileage can i achieved on a full tank for city driving?
300kms for city driving is low man!!. normal city consumption for 2.5 should be 375-400kms depending on the way you drive.

there shouldnt be any loss of power on flushing or servicing..........in fact power should be up but inly slightly!!

i had a 525 e34 n i was getting slightly pass 500 kiloes on my hard driving in d city............once i move out i get 600++ on highways.........also i was using 18 inch wheels!!

something is wrong with ur car n better get it checked with the current fuel pricing!!

I agree, 300km on full tank for 325 is rather high. Or are you a heavy footer?

"Full tank" or RMXX is misleading. An E36 has 65L, E46 has 63L, E34 has 85L. When do you consider full tank? From the rime the reserve light gets lit? Until the car stalls? Until slightly under 1/4 tank? Until needle touches E? Until on-board computer says "---"?

For fuel consumption, please use xL/100km as a standard of measure or MPG if you are non-metric.

Any idea what could be cause of the high consumption? I was told it could be the air mass?

Not a heavy footer when driving. Also sifus, any recommendation of who I can go to fix or identify this problem?

Any good and not overly priced workshop that I can go to for my UDM woes?

What do you guys think of M Speed and M1?

Thanks Sifus, please advice!

mine hit 370km for full tank . About 7.5km / lit on 320i E30 (Auto).
under normal driving condition . consider poor comsumption . looking a good place to tune up too . Any advice from others sifu?

could be your o2 sensor as well..
i used to get abou 15l/100kms with medioacre driving in the city..harder and it'll hit about 18l/100km

KingLazy... m also a newbie here, but, if u're looking for affordable workshops, there're 2 that i frequent, 1's in kepong and the other's in glenmarie.

In Kepong it's within Petronas opposite Jusco, called New Hytech Service Centre or somethin'... Glenmarie, somewhere near Shell (behind), where there are lots of workshops. Not too sure 'bout the name of the workshop tho'.

I find that the repair charge is fair plus that the workmanship is pretty good.

Mine E36 325 would get around 450km/65 litre. If more than 2 person, will get less lor

On highway driving both North -South as well Karak/Gua Musang lead to Kota Bharu simply not more than 11 l for 100 km.

If I drive into city then it will be up to highest 15.1 l for 100 km.

Mine E32 730i.General car,I guess lower cc should consume better .

This car consume much less than my R32 Skyline RB20DET GTS-4t.

OBD can give you the figure.

I don't think full tank or amount of money is correct figure like 3er said above.

Top Bottom