looking for H&R sway bar for e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Daiichi;654025 said:
rg470,

How long is the waiting period to order the ARBs?

According to the distributor (Auto Future Design), might take up to 2 months. Earliest will be early next month.

rg470;653903 said:
Hi skarl,

What did you install with UltraRacings? ARB only or the whole set with struts and chassis reinforcements? Oh btw, what model are you driving?
Thanks.
Only ARB on e60

As promised, I would like to share my new experience after out fitting with both the Eibach prokit and H&R ARB for my E46. My current setup is going with stock Boge shocks (just changed 2 months ago) and stock 16' rims with 205/55 tires. My ARB arrived as per schedule (about 1 month) and I went straight to install them together with the ProKit springs I bought earlier at Benny Auto (Autofuture's workshop) at Kota Damansara. After driving a few days, these are the points which I would like to highlight

• Significant vehicle height drop at front, minimal at rear
  • No more dive and squat effect during hard acceleration & braking
  • Almost no body roll (ARB setting is currently at soft at front; medium at rear. Thinking of setting hard at front)

I kinda prefer the current ride settings as the previous stock settings where bouncy and soft, as current ride is stiffer and more stable. Despite that the ride comfort is not severely effected as I would probably say it still retains about 70% of the stock comfort although I had to watch out for high road bumps. Cornering is fun now as the car sticks to the road firmly.

That's all for now, feel free to comment. My next upgrade will probably be getting a new set of 18' BBS rims and tires as well as a set of Blistein B8 shocks.

Hi Bro..

Great that you enjoy much, congratz on your setup.
Your future setup exactly same as mine.

Now mine running on 18', Blistein Yellow B8, Eibach prokit and H&R ARB, Ultra racing strut bar.
Handling like wht u said, much more responsive and good in corner.

But my front tyre inner wall a bit worn out due to the negative camber.
Need to check on the wear pattern few weeks once, and do the alignment every 5k.
Do you face the same problem with your setup?

JasonYew;667391 said:
Hi Bro..

Great that you enjoy much, congratz on your setup.
Your future setup exactly same as mine.

Now mine running on 18', Blistein Yellow B8, Eibach prokit and H&R ARB, Ultra racing strut bar.
Handling like wht u said, much more responsive and good in corner.

But my front tyre inner wall a bit worn out due to the negative camber.
Need to check on the wear pattern few weeks once, and do the alignment every 5k.
Do you face the same problem with your setup?

Hi Jason. I did come across a website stating the camber settings for lowered car which you need to take into account when doing your alignment (as tyre shops equipments are normally fed with stock values), without it I think is the cause of your premature worn at inner wall. I'm still on stock 16' rims and I only did the upgrade recently, so can't tell the tyre wear yet. I did my alignment at MPS Auto Sunway, its expensive but they do a good job with the latest equipments. Btw, may I know what rims and tyres are you currently using?

I found one set at Joi seng jln Kapar,klang.
But the rim need to be refurblish, scratches.

You can hv a look if you dun mind for the conditions.

JasonYew;667891 said:
I found one set at Joi seng jln Kapar,klang.
But the rim need to be refurblish, scratches.

You can hv a look if you dun mind for the conditions.

Is it original e46 m-sports or replica? How much is it selling for?

Oppss.. never borther to check it put the other day.
see if i pass by, will help u to check on tht :)

JasonYew;668098 said:
Oppss.. never borther to check it put the other day.
see if i pass by, will help u to check on tht :)

Thanks bro, I'm living at Kajang so Kapar is abit far for me.

Top Bottom