looking for H&R sway bar for e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rg470

Club Guest
Hi all, I'm looking for workshop which carries H&R sway bar for my E46 318i. Any idea any workshop here sells & installs?Thanks

Just called Exoticmods and they have to order it which takes a month, RM2.4k incl installation. Anyone has other places which might carry it as well?
Thanks

Just ordered mine through Auto Future Design, will update the experience in this thread after installation. I've also bought Eibach pro-kit so will install both at the same time, should have significant difference.

rg470,

You ordered H & R or Eibach ARB? Look forward to your feedback after installation.

Cheers

Installed mine with "UltraRacings" few weeks back and can say its totally different experience in handling, now can 'kona baring' with only 1 finger, I reckon H&R or Eibach should yield better result

herbert;653767 said:
rg470,

You ordered H & R or Eibach ARB? Look forward to your feedback after installation.

Cheers

Hi Herbert,

I've ordered H&R, was told by the Auto Future's boss that the Eibach ARB's bushings generate noice after sometime and require constant lubrications. I got to know that you're on Eibach from another thread, how was it so far? Will definately feedback to this thread after my installation :)

skarl;653780 said:
Installed mine with "UltraRacings" few weeks back and can say its totally different experience in handling, now can 'kona baring' with only 1 finger, I reckon H&R or Eibach should yield better result

Hi skarl,

What did you install with UltraRacings? ARB only or the whole set with struts and chassis reinforcements? Oh btw, what model are you driving?
Thanks.

rg470;653902 said:
Hi Herbert,

I've ordered H&R, was told by the Auto Future's boss that the Eibach ARB's bushings generate noice after sometime and require constant lubrications. I got to know that you're on Eibach from another thread, how was it so far? Will definately feedback to this thread after my installation :)

I actually wanted H&R ARB but unfortunately H & R is not available for e39 (only for e39 M5). I don't think Eibach bushings need constant lubing as I have installed it since Nov 2010 and no noise/problem sofar. What are the diameters of your H & R ARB?

herbert;653908 said:
I actually wanted H&R ARB but unfortunately H & R is not available for e39 (only for e39 M5). I don't think Eibach bushings need constant lubing as I have installed it since Nov 2010 and no noise/problem sofar. What are the diameters of your H & R ARB?

I see, good for you. According to H&R, its 27mm at the front & 21mm at the back.

rg470;653914 said:
I see, good for you. According to H&R, its 27mm at the front & 21mm at the back.

Wow!! 21 mm for rear (Eibach 18 mm) and believe me, you will experience lots and lots of fun and with full confidence taking sharp hard corners. However when road is wet/slippery, just take it easy.

herbert;653929 said:
Wow!! 21 mm for rear (Eibach 18 mm) and believe me, you will experience lots and lots of fun and with full confidence taking sharp hard corners. However when road is wet/slippery, just take it easy.

Haha, will take full note of your advice. I don't really do stunts on wet roads. By the way, I do understand that there are settings to be made of these ARBs, mind to share what kinda settings are you currently using? According to H&R, there are 2 at the front & 3 at the back

Eibach's rear is non adjustable. As for Eibach's front, two settings i.e. Normal & Sport. Initially I set it to Normal and one month later after gotten a hang of it, set it to Sport and has remained in this setting since. I guess you have to seek advice from Auto Future as to what settings you should be using for your e46 318i.

rg470;653758 said:
Just ordered mine through Auto Future Design, will update the experience in this thread after installation. I've also bought Eibach pro-kit so will install both at the same time, should have significant difference.

mind to share how much the H&R arb?

herbert;653929 said:

Mind my lack of knowledge herbert, but why do we need to take it easy when it's wet ? isn't it the better handling as well?

lwloh;653995 said:
Mind my lack of knowledge herbert, but why do we need to take it easy when it's wet ? isn't it the better handling as well?

Slippery ........

lwloh;653995 said:

grip between tyre and road surface is less..no matter how rigid/lowered our suspension setups are, at the end of the day we are still bounded by the contact between the rubber and the tarmac :)

i.e an F1 car still drives slower and more carefully in a wet track, as compared to a dry track

Top Bottom