Looking for E60 525i M Sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wadie

Club Guest
hi.. Im new into this forum, totally need advice and opinion for second hand e60 525i m sport, my budget around 200k to 250k.. what spec i can get? Newbie, Wadie.

Can get at the price? I just visited AB and they have few units of used by their GM or some big shots costing at RM360K~RM380K... To me is very attractive... I am thinking of upgrading, but darn the F10 is coming out... Should I wait or should I not?

Better wait for F10, due to the "Makan miyak hitam" issue on the Magnesium engine on E60. If you are really need it, because of your budget, make sure you check the car service record. Just my one cent thought.

Shaun88;476522 said:
Better wait for F10, due to the "Makan miyak hitam" issue on the Magnesium engine on E60. If you are really need it, because of your budget, make sure you check the car service record. Just my one cent thought.
Dear Shaun88,

What you mean by "Makan Minyak Hitam" and what is the issues on Magnesium Engine?. Ifyou don't mine sharing.

FYI, I bought my 525i Sport in Sept2009 and after running for about 3500KM, the message Engine Oil at Min Level appear and it ask me to top up one liter of engine oil. Is this abnormal??

Bro LD525i,

I'm not sure whether it's abnormal or not, some said it's normal and some not. But this issue has been discussed many time in this forum. You can search and review those messages from other members.

Shaun88;476674 said:
Bro LD525i,

I'm not sure whether it's abnormal or not, some said it's normal and some not. But this issue has been discussed many time in this forum. You can search and review those messages from other members.
Bro Shaun88,

Thanks for your clarifications.

I called BMW today and being informed that this is normal for new car. Duration will be longer after 1st top up.

Thanks again.

Dear LD5251,

Yes, E60 with Magnesium Engine (N52) has this issue of makan minyak hitam :D
This issue has actually been covered in this forum already. You might want to look around the thread.. I have included the thread link for you:
E60 525i M Sport Engine Oil Low
Some E60 owners experience this problem at 5000, some 6000 and some even 7000... but for your case, 3500 is quite serious. I know there is one forumer by the name of yellowmanta who has actually sent his car back to have the engine block replaced by AB in Segambut.. of course, he doesn't have to pay as the cost alone is already about RM22k!!! :eek:
You might want to send him a message to ask on this and how to go about replacing the engine block.
Some forumers here have already accepted the fact that the engine is like this and keep a litre or two of engine oil in the boot area just in case... I don't know about you.
Having said that, not all E60 encounter this problem.. as my E60 with the Magnesium engine has no problem clocking 10000km everytime... no engine oil low or whatsoever. Lucky me :top:
Good luck bro!!!

Dear thule;

Thanks for your info. I have read through all the treads in "E60 525i M Sport Engine Oil Low". The info in these treads are very informative and usefull for me to analyse and compare my new 525i Sport behaviour with the other owners. Thanks to all contributors in these treads.

I need to wait for the result of my first top up yesterday for how long the top up will last. If the result is negative, I will heed to your advice. You are very experience BMW driver, thanks for that.

I have one question for you, if you don't mind. Under Option in the Music Collection, the "Random" playback have to be activated or set everytime the engine is ON, this setting will not be permanent and gone after engine off. How to permanently keep this "Random" setting.

Thanks

LD5251;476913 said:
Dear thule;

Thanks for your info. I have read through all the treads in "E60 525i M Sport Engine Oil Low". The info in these treads are very informative and usefull for me to analyse and compare my new 525i Sport behaviour with the other owners. Thanks to all contributors in these treads.

I need to wait for the result of my first top up yesterday for how long the top up will last. If the result is negative, I will heed to your advice. You are very experience BMW driver, thanks for that.

I have one question for you, if you don't mind. Under Option in the Music Collection, the "Random" playback have to be activated or set everytime the engine is ON, this setting will not be permanent and gone after engine off. How to permanently keep this "Random" setting.

Thanks

Personally I think 3500km distance is too little... I mean, for us E60 driver is not really a problem to buy a litre of engine oil. But we are looking at long term here.. and I think it's tedious to top up everytime you drive for less than 10k. I'm pretty sure that you will feel uneasy everytime the warning sign lights on while you are driving.

Perhaps you should call up BMW Malaysia to complain iinstead of AB or Sapura or Ingress... looking from their point of view, they don't want to be involved in the whole process of replacing the engine block due to the amount of time and manpower taken...

My E60 is Japanese spec so the Entertainment part is actually different from you... but yeah, normally the setting will back to default everytime you turn off the engine... this issue is less problematic compared to what you are facing now. Look at the BIG PICTURE OK??? Fix your engine problem first...

LD5251;476582 said:
Dear Shaun88,

What you mean by "Makan Minyak Hitam" and what is the issues on Magnesium Engine?. Ifyou don't mine sharing.

FYI, I bought my 525i Sport in Sept2009 and after running for about 3500KM, the message Engine Oil at Min Level appear and it ask me to top up one liter of engine oil. Is this abnormal??

if u have been high revving the engine...then it is fairly normal...

Dear thule and t2ribena;

Thanks both of you for the feedback, especially for Bro thule for the expert & high level advice.

I am now writting officially to BMW Malaysia Aftersales Director, Mr Stephan Rausch and their Head of Technical Aftersales, Mr Mahalingam Magaderalingam regarding this matter for explanation.

For your info my 525i Sport is the CKD model

Please share if you have any other good info.

LD5251;477129 said:
Dear thule and t2ribena;

Thanks both of you for the feedback, especially for Bro thule for the expert & high level advice.

I am now writting officially to BMW Malaysia Aftersales Director, Mr Stephan Rausch and their Head of Technical Aftersales, Mr Mahalingam Magaderalingam regarding this matter for explanation.

For your info my 525i Sport is the CKD model

Please share if you have any other good info.

I personally think it's a design fault as no car should drink this much engine oil. My E46 never has even after almost 150,000 kms. Therefore, you may have to live with it. I just wanted to share my experience with the Director is so-so only. Sometimes, he does not respond, so make sure you resend your e-mail to him every day.:mad:

pswchan;477172 said:
I personally think it's a design fault as no car should drink this much engine oil. My E46 never has even after almost 150,000 kms. Therefore, you may have to live with it. I just wanted to share my experience with the Director is so-so only. Sometimes, he does not respond, so make sure you resend your e-mail to him every day.:mad:
Dear pswchan;

Thanks for your feedback & sharing.

I tried to look for email of this Director in BMW Corporate website but not available there. I fax the letter to them then. Do you have their email address.

Thanks again.

I got no problem with Makan Minyak Hitam. It's just that E60 really makan minyak...

Guys guys, please dont hijack wadie's thread. Poor guy...gone missing already.

im looking for e60 525i m-sport year 2004....wic is better? recond or 2nd hand?..in view of bank interest rate n so on...and how much is the price for the car now in year 2010?...im think about selling/trade in my e46 325i m-sport to e60 said above..my 325 spec is...yr made 2005..m-sport..i bought it 2nd hand in year 2008 end..n how much i can sell it for?..tq for any prompt reply..:top:

Top Bottom