Looking for an E46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Alan Teh;235963 said:
what year and model u r looking for ?
also, what's your budget, actually motor trader & The Star is a good start for your hunt

looking for either 318 or 325. Budget < 120K. Year 2001 to 2003. Preferably original one i.e. before facelift version. Browsed thru motor trader etc.. but still need some guidance from u guys so that the car are worth the money... dont want to be "kencinged"....

Regards

For < RM120K, I would suggest you get a 2001-2002 325. But as with any 2nd hand car, you would have to search high and low to find one that suits your requirements, whichever they may be.

In general, key things to look out for are: mileage, overall condition of car, service records, undercarriage, etc.. Specific things you might look out for are mods, reverse sensor, rims, angel eyes,etc...

Find one that suits your liking, test drive it then if you are really convinced that is the car for you, take it to a well established bimmer mechanic to have it looked at before you buy.

Good luck man!

amterrer;236091 said:
looking for either 318 or 325. Budget < 120K. Year 2001 to 2003. Preferably original one i.e. before facelift version. Browsed thru motor trader etc.. but still need some guidance from u guys so that the car are worth the money... dont want to be "kencinged"....

Regards
wahhh...first time i hear people look for prefacelift instead of facelift. anyway, if u r looking for prefacelift, it should be year 2000-2001(make sure your year 2000 comes with shiftronic coz early 2000 still do not have it), starting middle of 2002 and above is all facelifted version. yeah, u can get a 325 year 2000 or 2001 for around 120K or less. dun rush, go and see or possible test drive as many 325 as u can with the dealers. bring the car for inspection before paying or signing any agreement. if they dun allow for inspection, then forget about it and continue with other dealer coz soooo.. many people selling

i would suggest u go for the 325 instead of the 318 coz there a lot of difference in power and handling of the car...u would never regret of getting a 325 if sometimes u would like to press the accelerator a bit more

hey guys.....i m looking for a E46 too but really in dilemma to because now i m comparing with E46 2005 Lifestyle vs E90 320i (not the SE)......any brother can give some comment????? appreciate.

I am not quite sure how true it is, but according to AB mechanic, E46 engine much stable then E90 and less trouble base on their tracking chart of troubleshooting metric.

if can afoord an e90 just go for it dont care about the maintenance just drive for the fun of it, anyway the price of any new car will drop tremendously within 5 years...than by that times come before major maintenance just change another new car lor...easy ma...:burnout:

amterrer, like most of the sifus ere suggest, take the car u intend to buy to a workshop, lift it up, check for all kinda of leaks, gasket,etc...bought mine 3 months ago and have changed many stuff....been told by the mechanic most e46 have these gasking leaking problem after 4 years or more.... about the e90, been told it is using the same 4 potter engine like the lifestyle...so design wise, its new..but engine wise...not sure any different...it is still pumping about 150hp......if u r into performance...for for 325 or higher.....wats its worth...it is still a great car to drive...

Top Bottom