LLumar HQ Anniversary Invitation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I was lucky today. :D

guys, anyone have used Llumar before? any comments, especially on the E36.

Fabs, share the pics... :D

The Event came and left today. From the list of ppl registered wanting to attend the event, only a handful turned up. Event the WPC (Waja Performance Club), MLOC (Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Club) and the AUDI boys had more representatives.. ****Shaking Head***

Those who had attended the event were: Me, Keray, Nikazwaa, Affan66, Affan's sister (driving an E36 318is formerly belonged to one of the members here), cklim and King Eric. The other car clubs which attended the event were AMC (Classic Cars), WPC (Waja), CAM (Audi) and MLOC (Lancer)

Everyone was given a goody bag which consist of 2 auto magazines (I got the one with Hannah Tan posing in her car) and product information for Llumar.

The itenerary were pretty much routine with lots of mingling with fella car enthusiasts and fellow members in the trade except for the lion dance and the live demo, I'll come to that later.

For now, let's go photo by photo of the event..

First up, elvis was here????

Front bench seat. comes in handy for some 'extra-curricular' activities. hmmm.. where's BMChai?

One of the oldest cars gracing the event... And the film is applicable for this ride...

Prepping the car for demo... In case the glass does shatter in the end..

After about 10 whacks, the brick broke into pieces but the glass did not break, just scratch marks on it..

Next up was with granite stone... Glass till intact with more scratch marks...

The final blows came when whacked with motorcycle helmet.. The glass had weakened from the prior blows and finally surrendered...

Wow..wonder what happens if you really have to break the glass in the event of emergency??

After the live demo, we were treated to lunch. Didn't expect a feast but I was full nonetheless. Pretty decent food from the restaurant next door..

Finally, the moment everyone has been waiting for!!! LUCKY DRAW. Bad news was I didn't win anything. :cry: Good news was someone from BMWCLub won something :yahoo: Must be the Blue and White Club shirt he was wearing.. I was wearing the Black Club T-shirt, not 'ong'....

PS: this is the Manufacturer Prize which is the MOST EXPENSIVE of all. Free tint package for the WHOLE CAR (Sedan only). That someone got his prayer answered. He was telling us he's been interested with the film as the last tinting job he got done wasn't satisfactorily.

Originally posted by safri@Apr 9 2006, 10:55 PM
Wow..wonder what happens if you really have to break the glass in the event of emergency??
the glass will still break. Just more repeated effort. need about 10 times longer to break compared to non-secured glass.. That's the estimate I see from the promo video running on loop the whole time.. :D

Originally posted by safri@Apr 9 2006, 11:03 PM

10 mins, well desperate times would probably call for desperate measures. i also heard about the strength of llumar compared to the other top tier brands such as vcool, rikecool, etc..
10 times lah.. not 10 mins.. normal time taken was about 4 sec to break the glass (as shown in the video).. With the flim installed, it took 40 sec to break it with repeated blows with similar stone.

from the look of the film, it's quite thick. Can be a problem for cars with very little tolerance between the window and the seal. May pose a problem for power windows.

Didn't take the photo of the price list but from the look of it, it's pretty affordable and price is about the same with V-kool.

Am not endorsing the product but the demo is pretty impressive. I am considering the film.

The difference with this film and the rest of the film in the market is that it's a security film with heat rejection. and not purely a int film with heat rejection.

And it's applicable to your home windows as well. Wonder how much it'll charge...

Top Bottom