leather seat noise ! grekkkk grekkk

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

paksu

Club Guest
Hi all,I am now facing leather seat noisy when it rubbing among them especiall when we drive slowly and during take the turn ! this sound is very irritate! the sound like grekkkk... grekkk... leather rubbing sound!Is there anyone facing this problem b4 and how to resolve it? Thanks

BMW leather seats are traditionally somewhat noisy. Have you conditioned/fed the leather recently?. Regular cleaning/conditioning is a must in keeping the hides supple, moisturized, pliant, clean and cracks free...

paksu said:
Hi all,

I am now facing leather seat noisy when it rubbing among them especiall when we
drive slowly and during take the turn ! this sound is very irritate! the sound like grekkkk... grekkk... leather rubbing sound!

Is there anyone facing this problem b4 and how to resolve it?

Thanks

Get some baby oil (don't laugh, this has been proven!) and apply generously over your leatherseats. Allow to soak overnight and wipe seats down with a damp cloth.....this should do the trick!:)

sorry guys ... just wanna ask if the leather seat too smelly ... how to go about it ? (Leather smell i mean). Thank you so much.

dumeort said:
sorry guys ... just wanna ask if the leather seat too smelly ... how to go about it ? (Leather smell i mean). Thank you so much.

Laeve a few pieces of fresh bread in the car overnight. The anaerobic action of the yeast in the bread should consume the smell. Hope this helps.

but the leather is continuosly providing the smell rite ? I try some car fragrant but no helps so far. Anyway, i'll try.

dumeort said:

Don't you like that smell? I love it very much but since driven daily you don't feel it only someone get into your car will comment. I can live with it.

paksu said:
Hi all,

I am now facing leather seat noisy when it rubbing among them especiall when we
drive slowly and during take the turn ! this sound is very irritate! the sound like grekkkk... grekkk... leather rubbing sound!

Is there anyone facing this problem b4 and how to resolve it?

Thanks

Check for used condoms between the seats. You might want to wipe the rest of the stains too.... :)

rezzy3181 said:
Don't you like that smell? I love it very much but since driven daily you don't feel it only someone get into your car will comment. I can live with it.
agree, when i first got the car, the leather smell is strong, but after 1 month i am use to it and dun smell it anymore, unless new passanger then they will smell it. anyway, its a BMW leather smell that u cant get elsewhere, preciousss, that's what BMW are expensive for their leather smell :D

yeah ur rite.. the leather smell its the same for all kind of bmw...

but my seat got sound krek krekk from my armrest rubbing center console.. how to solve this problem??

Try raising the seats. It could be rubbing against seat belt holder or tensioner or something underneath. Worth a try since it's a free solution, heh!

A lot of leather noise comes from or in between the top and bottom seats, i.e. between the back rest and bottom. It is pointless applying the leather 'food' on the seats only hoping to reduce the annoying noise when you are not tackling the root cause of the problem.

As a restorer, we will generally apply lots of leather cream or conditioner in between the seats and allow it to soak for a while, you may wish to apply once more. You will be amazed at the tremenduous reduction in leather rubbing noises in the cabin ... but total elimination is almost impossible unless you use fabric or PU interior.

Good thing is genuine leather tends to make noise ... so be proud knowing that the leather in your car is genuine and of good quality.

Aiyah.

Just sat in a brand new X3 during the BMW brunch. Osso got squeaking noise! Nevermind our old rides.

The X3 instantly made me feel better about my old car.

And the leather smell? Of course it would smell. Remember, it is the skin of a dead cow. Can always change to fabric if you can't stand it. Or put something even smellier. After fetching some durians in my boot, my leather smell is totally gone.

For your armrest, try to wrap the sides of it with fabric leaving top part with leather and that will solve your irritating squeaking sound. Cheers!

3er;144875 said:
Check for used condoms between the seats. You might want to wipe the rest of the stains too.... :)

Thanks for the advise, managed to trace the used item :) -- just kidding!!

Dear sifu, how much baby oil must we apply on the surface for each wipe?

Top Bottom