Leaking 5 Series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jazlanahmad

Club Guest
Good morning to all proud owner/sifu of BMWI'm new... I just joint the forum eventhough I bought my brand new F10/523i in 2011. This is my first purchase of a BMW after 10 years on Merz, but by my recent experience of this car, this maybe my last (God knows better). It caused me red faced among friends. Nowadays, whenever I meet them, they will ask me: How's your BM? Fixed already hah?The problem is due to leaking during rain. By the account of frequent rain in Malaysia, it seems to be a perpetual problem to me. Whenever it rain, water will continuously dripping from underside of dashboard at both driver and front passanger side. It happened from the first month of collecting the car until now. By the technology & the design, this car is not suppose to leak!!! Endless complaints and countless visits to Auto Bavaria showroom in Jln Tun Razak, KL for the last 2 years. Photo evidence shown, video shown... what else they want? After every complaint, they assure me that thorough check will be done. The car will normally be returned back after few days with assurance that the problem had been arrested. However, it still leak whenever it rain. My car is now clocking 59000+km, the warranty limit of 60,000km is expiring soonIt has been more than a month now since 17th Oct that my baby BMW back into their care. I don't know whether they will fix it for good this time. But at least they gave me a replacement car while waiting. Is this consider a defective car? What recourse do I have? Can Auto Bavaria give me a new car? Shall I initiate a Civil suit? Consumer Tribunal Claim?Can somebody in Auto Bavaria look into this. I'm running out of steam..Jazlan Ahmad +6013341241

have you tried at other dealers? You can do so since your car is still under warranty

get AB to issue a report on the problem they claimed they solved it, write to the higher management.
should be a simple hose diversion for the accumulated water to flow outside the car.

keep all the photos, reciepts etc....once your warranty expires get your problem solved outside & claim the costs from AB via
tribunal.

I know a similar problem problem with an F30. Idiots at AB say drainage hole is clogged by leaves, resulting in water entering cabin. Utter rubbish as car is parked under covered parking both at work and home (and the occasional Tesco visit). Even the AB salesperson who sold the car was shocked with that technical diagnosis. Yes, go seek opinion from other dealers.

hey bro, sorry to hear your problem. its really buat sakit hati. actually, i am suprised that the service centre didnt fixed it. i know exactly where is the leak and where it comes in. but to do that, they have to remove the whole dash. i think thats what puts them off from doing. they are looking at windscreen and the bonding only. its not there. its the from airduct (for air from outside). water from the gutter over spilled and came through there. correct me if i am wrong..water will get to driver side first .. then only reach passenger. this has happened on my 7.. so it can happen on any car. just lots of work..

jazlanahmad;853634 said:
Good morning to all proud owner/sifu of BMW

I'm new... I just joint the forum eventhough I bought my brand new F10/523i in 2011. This is my first purchase of a BMW after 10 years on Merz, but by my recent experience of this car, this maybe my last (God knows better). It caused me red faced among friends. Nowadays, whenever I meet them, they will ask me: How's your BM? Fixed already hah?

The problem is due to leaking during rain. By the account of frequent rain in Malaysia, it seems to be a perpetual problem to me. Whenever it rain, water will continuously dripping from underside of dashboard at both driver and front passanger side. It happened from the first month of collecting the car until now. By the technology & the design, this car is not suppose to leak!!!

Endless complaints and countless visits to Auto Bavaria showroom in Jln Tun Razak, KL for the last 2 years. Photo evidence shown, video shown... what else they want? After every complaint, they assure me that thorough check will be done. The car will normally be returned back after few days with assurance that the problem had been arrested. However, it still leak whenever it rain. My car is now clocking 59000+km, the warranty limit of 60,000km is expiring soon

It has been more than a month now since 17th Oct that my baby BMW back into their care. I don't know whether they will fix it for good this time. But at least they gave me a replacement car while waiting.

Is this consider a defective car? What recourse do I have? Can Auto Bavaria give me a new car? Shall I initiate a Civil suit? Consumer Tribunal Claim?

Can somebody in Auto Bavaria look into this. I'm running out of steam..

Jazlan Ahmad +6013341241

- - - Updated - - -

hey bro, sorry to hear your problem. its really buat sakit hati. actually, i am suprised that the service centre didnt fixed it. i know exactly where is the leak and where it comes in. but to do that, they have to remove the whole dash. i think thats what puts them off from doing. they are looking at windscreen and the bonding only. its not there. its the from airduct (for air from outside). water from the gutter over spilled and came through there. correct me if i am wrong..water will get to driver side first .. then only reach passenger. this has happened on my 7.. so it can happen on any car. just lots of work..

jazlanahmad;853634 said:
Good morning to all proud owner/sifu of BMW

I'm new... I just joint the forum eventhough I bought my brand new F10/523i in 2011. This is my first purchase of a BMW after 10 years on Merz, but by my recent experience of this car, this maybe my last (God knows better). It caused me red faced among friends. Nowadays, whenever I meet them, they will ask me: How's your BM? Fixed already hah?

The problem is due to leaking during rain. By the account of frequent rain in Malaysia, it seems to be a perpetual problem to me. Whenever it rain, water will continuously dripping from underside of dashboard at both driver and front passanger side. It happened from the first month of collecting the car until now. By the technology & the design, this car is not suppose to leak!!!

Endless complaints and countless visits to Auto Bavaria showroom in Jln Tun Razak, KL for the last 2 years. Photo evidence shown, video shown... what else they want? After every complaint, they assure me that thorough check will be done. The car will normally be returned back after few days with assurance that the problem had been arrested. However, it still leak whenever it rain. My car is now clocking 59000+km, the warranty limit of 60,000km is expiring soon

It has been more than a month now since 17th Oct that my baby BMW back into their care. I don't know whether they will fix it for good this time. But at least they gave me a replacement car while waiting.

Is this consider a defective car? What recourse do I have? Can Auto Bavaria give me a new car? Shall I initiate a Civil suit? Consumer Tribunal Claim?

Can somebody in Auto Bavaria look into this. I'm running out of steam..

Jazlan Ahmad +6013341241

Do I hear gutter? Leafs stuck in gutter? Overflow? And maybe down pipe next? Sounds more like old conventional roof leaking problem. But we are taking about the latest BMW car. Unbelievable.

bro....i find it really unbelieveable that you have let 2 years pass by with this unacceptable defect!leaking 1 month after ownership?even my previous kancil osso never leaked a drop even in a thunderstorm and my previous 20 year old e34 was as dry as a bone in thundering rain.
Which is what i think you should be doing....storm thru the AB office and give them thunder.totally unacceptable.....totally ......

affan66;853636 said:
have you tried at other dealers? You can do so since your car is still under warranty

Tq for youe suggestion. In fact I went to AB Ingress in Damansara as well to check. They can't find the source of leaking & told me "Your car is not leaking"

Thanks you for your thought Bro.
In one of my visit, they told me they will remove the Dashboard to find out. I agreed & told them to call me to witness once the dash is open up. The next day they told me it's all done & apologised for not calling me first... I think they are bluffing. The leak continue after that..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks you for your thought Bro.
In one of my visit, they told me they will remove the Dashboard to find out. I agreed & told them to call me to witness once the dash is open up. The next day they told me it's all done & apologised for not calling me first... I think they are bluffing. The leak continue after that..

Top Bottom