Launch Control

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro, i searched the manual (pdf format on whitecard) couldn't found any launch control even at the index...mind sharing some info? :top:

from what i understand (mine is E46 SMG) is press the DSC button for more than 3 seconds then put on DS mode or sports mode, hold the brake hard and press the accelerator around 2500-3500 then release the brake simultaneously press the accelerator in a gentle continous motion this will allow for maximum acceleration with minimum wheelspin... however since it's not in the E90 manual so i don't know whether this will work plus this technique is not recommended simply because it will put a strain in your gearbox, subframes, brakes and your drivetrain as well. Furthermore, BMW dealers will know whether you done LC or not and it might void your warranty. So please check with your SA for confirmation.

AFAIK the auto slushboxes in our cars do not have launch control. Only SMGs and DCTs. Our auto boxes launches best with DSC off and Sport mode based on our tests. About 1 car length advantage off the line :wink:

Too bad then...the launch control for e46 the same as the golf gti...cool:top:

I thought launch control is suppose to minimize wheel spin to achieve optimal traction to take off? .. and DSC is suppose to do that, you sure we need to turn it off and play with the throttle to avoid wheel spin? Then what difference is it compare to a non launch controlled car?

"hold the brake hard and press the accelerator around 2500-3500 then release the brake simultaneously press the accelerator in a gentle continous motion this will allow for maximum acceleration with minimum wheelspin"

... is the above a left leg brake maneuver? Have not try before.. :p

My 320i with or without DSC, I guess no wheel spin la.. :D

I may be mistaken, but DTC = Dynamic Traction Control, which is a form of launch control. DSC = Dynamic Stability Control only handles cornering limits. Our E90s don't have DTC.

:) How strange! I thought one of you diehard E90ers would have picked up on the tickle I put in at the end of my post! In 325s at least, the DTC button is right next to the doorlock button and you can't miss it. It serves to switch on DTC, or switch off both DTC and DSC (hold down for 3 seconds like in E46s)

Schwepps;390026 said:
:) How strange! I thought one of you diehard E90ers would have picked up on the tickle I put in at the end of my post! In 325s at least, the DTC button is right next to the doorlock button and you can't miss it. It serves to switch on DTC, or switch off both DTC and DSC (hold down for 3 seconds like in E46s)

U are absolutely right. Yes our E90s are with DTC and DSC. If I am not mistaken, by turning off the DTC, it will give you an additional of 20% torque to the car. Both E46F and myself have tried this before.

David Yong;390076 said:
U are absolutely right. Yes our E90s are with DTC and DSC. If I am not mistaken, by turning off the DTC, it will give you an additional of 20% torque to the car. Both E46F and myself have tried this before.

still itis not comparable with a launch control mechanism.....whereby the rpm is set at 2-3k..before we release the clutch....that is more powerful than starting from zero rpm.

Aiyaa... the best launch control remain the Mat Rempit style by playing with the clutch.. :D

brammmm..bram-bram-bram.....

e90 325i does not have a launch control. only DCT n SMG have it. u can do d manuever tht by pressing d brakes n accelerator pedal at one time, but it will strain ur gbox as being stated b4. + u might burn ur clutch oso. if u r willing 2 spend rm20k for a new gbox, then y not giving it a try.hehehe. but my advice is, dont do it. think of ur love ones [d e90 of course =)]

Top Bottom