just found out that I bought hopeless rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

jktham

Club Guest
:banghead:I bought a set of bottle-cap rims from an official member here about a month and half ago and I just had time to take it to the tire shop to have the tires replaced and balanced.Guess what? All rims were out of round and to add to it, all have been repaired before. It's a total disappointment to announce that amongst us, there are dishonest people trying to offload useless items in a place like this. Sad that it comes from a senior official member as far as I am aware.I bought it based on a gentlemans agreement via e-mail that I would get the rims from the seller provided they were not dented or damaged and with the tires as described. I guess I was suckered into buying it from the post stating that the tires had 85% thread. True they were 85% but only for 2 tires (expired some more....). the other 2 tires? bald to thread wear indicator.Messaged the seller but no response at all. I guess he will never admit it. So I learnt a lesson today. Lucky it didn't cost me an arm and a leg else for sure I will run him over with those rimsGuess those rims will be my flower pot stand from now. never even got it mounted with new tires or on my car.No need to mention names but if the seller reads this, he should at least have the courtesy to respond to my sms.....btw.... Selamat Hari Raya to you lah.....

Pity you bro. Maybe you should send to another tyre shop and try again.

There's nothing to try. i know what an out of round rim looks like on a balanding machine. more like pity the forum actually as there are such people. Oh well...... life goes on though....... Just too bad for me that I met such a person

wan520i;360057 said:
sorry to hear this bro...

Hi Allen,

How's things? been some time eh? Raya just round the corner but my office was still busy till today..... Anyhow, It will be quiet on Monday I am sure. I will be working though...... haha

Bottlecaps

Not everyone here like that lo!
Bought my bottlecaps from fellow forummer here many moons ago.:top:
Cheap... but have to repair (1 pc out of round) and paint and bought a new sets bottlecaps (imitation from ebay):stupid:
I could have bought a better rims with the total money spent, but since I do it one after another.
It's worth it.:biggrin:

BTW, you got the bottle caps ? Can donate ah ? For flower pots stand you do not need them.:santaclaus:

jktham;360053 said:
:banghead:

I bought a set of bottle-cap rims from an official member here about a month and half ago and I just had
time to take it to the tire shop to have the tires replaced and balanced.

Guess what? All rims were out of round and to add to it, all have been repaired before. It's a total disappointment to announce that amongst us, there are dishonest people trying to offload useless items in a place like this. Sad that it comes from a senior official member as far as I am aware.

I bought it based on a gentlemans agreement via e-mail that I would get the rims from the seller provided they were not dented or damaged and with the tires as described. I guess I was suckered into buying it from the post stating that the tires had 85% thread. True they were 85% but only for 2 tires (expired some more....). the other 2 tires? bald to thread wear indicator.

Messaged the seller but no response at all. I guess he will never admit it. So I learnt a lesson today. Lucky it didn't cost me an arm and a leg else for sure I will run him over with those rims

Guess those rims will be my flower pot stand from now. never even got it mounted with new tires or on my car.

No need to mention names but if the seller reads this, he should at least have the courtesy to respond to my sms.....

btw.... Selamat Hari Raya to you lah.....

I think shd indicate the person. :top:
Very common in Australian property where the agent and property is rated. Thsoe blacklisted also shown to the world. Creates a better and honest market here.......what do u think?

maxkpp;360061 said:
Not everyone here like that lo!
Bought my bottlecaps from fellow forummer here many moons ago.:top:
Cheap... but have to repair (1 pc out of round) and paint and bought a new sets bottlecaps (imitation from ebay):stupid:
I could have bought a better rims with the total money spent, but since I do it one after another.
It's worth it.:biggrin:

BTW, you got the bottle caps ? Can donate ah ? For flower pots stand you do not need them.:santaclaus:

I didn't say everyone like dat what..... else i sure kena tembak kau kau from everyone.....

mine are all (4 pcs) out of round and have all been repaired before looking at the internal part of the rim. i got flower pots so i use it as stand lar unless the seller wants it back.... i leave it to him to respond.

can use as barbeque stove also. lot of holes underneath. good for air intake so the firewood burns better.

:tongue:

yup,muz agree with maxxkpp.very sorry to hear ur xperience bro...but from my own xperience is different.i sold quite a number of stuff to a fellow forummer here n guez wat?it is I the seller who got bullied by the buyer.lesson learnt here is that cant be too nice to ppl nwadays.they intend to take advantage of your kindness or should i say gud natured.

cheers n selamat hari raya to all.

chewkies;360062 said:
I think shd indicate the person. :top:
Very common in Australian property where the agent and property is rated. Thsoe blacklisted also shown to the world. Creates a better and honest market here.......what do u think?

I am doing this fairly. Just wanted to vent my frustration. Will give time for person to contact me. that's why i said no need to disclose the name here.

as simple thing like this can be settled in an amicable way..... If i put a name, his/her reputation may be tarnished due to a tiny mistake like this...... (or on purpose dunno lar). give chance la...

:wink:

jktham;360066 said:
I am doing this fairly. Just wanted to vent my frustration. Will give time for person to contact me. that's why i said no need to disclose the name here.

as simple thing like this can be settled in an amicable way..... If i put a name, his/her reputation may be tarnished due to a tiny mistake like this...... (or on purpose dunno lar). give chance la...

:wink:

true...very2 true..its better to be a saint than evil...cheers to that..

SuperUnknown;360065 said:
yup,muz agree with maxxkpp.very sorry to hear ur xperience bro...but from my own xperience is different.i sold quite a number of stuff to a fellow forummer here n guez wat?it is I the seller who got bullied by the buyer.lesson learnt here is that cant be too nice to ppl nwadays.they intend to take advantage of your kindness or should i say gud natured.

cheers n selamat hari raya to all.

Yikes! you got bullied? Hmmm.... funny.

last time a gentleman wanted to buy seats, I offered and disclosed everything from good to bad and even got him to look at it then decide for himslef but in end he didnt buy. no problem. as long as both parties do it cleanly i think it's best.

but like you said, at times either party gets bullied.

too bad huh?

jktham;360068 said:
Yikes! you got bullied? Hmmm.... funny.

last time a gentleman wanted to buy seats, I offered and disclosed everything from good to bad and even got him to look at it then decide for himslef but in end he didnt buy. no problem. as long as both parties do it cleanly i think it's best.

but like you said, at times either party gets bullied.

too bad huh?

yup..iv even told him evrything as it is coz items are all chop-shop condition.and after agreeing on a very2 gud price,until today he still hunt me down juz to complaint n claim not even closed to rm200 value..haih...wana knoe wat i sold?sold an engine kosong (including documents) with head,rear subframe with rejected disc brakes n a cluster for rm1300.pening2....now the car is running but situation is as if stuffs iv sold are faulty.

OK. SELLER has contacted me and offered a refund. I shall see. At least some response and the offer for refund and say that friendship i smore important than old 18 year old "bengkok" rims. Thumbs Up....

See what I said... no need to name names as yet. things (not all at times) can be settled in a nice way.

THANK YOU

bro,

i feel your pain....but, u must be aware u r buying wheels at least 16-17 years old. they have to be used meaning they wont be perfect. luck plays a part too :top:

bro pm me the seller can ahhh .....? want to stay away from such sellers

Dear all....
I was the guy that JK Tham mentioned....no Jag, it far from over..
As the stories goes...
I received his sms about noon yesterday, and decided to reply later at night as I was busy working. Here is my sms reply to him.
" Dear Tham...the rims that I sold to you were from my privious E30. During my ownership, I haven't done anything to the rims, honestly I don't even know if the rims has been repaired or damaged before. I feel so sorry for your bad feeling towards me. For your information, I just bought an AC Type 1R for my E34 for 2.5k and had to spent 1k for refurbished. Had to 'ketuk' all 4 rims...but I don't have any bad feeling towards the seller(forummer) who claimed that all 4 rims were free from 'bengkok'...since it a secondhand anyway....but it maybe just me....
So, kindly accept my humble apologies if you felt cheated by me, it really not my intention to do so,you might keep the rims for free and I'll refund all your money back if it could make you feel better..friensship is much more important for me than 4 pieces of 'bengkok' rims..

Peace & regards
Anakin "

But, this thread already started before I even received his sms, make me thinking the other way around...after benig shot in this forum I hve to stand up as an Official Member...
Here the reasons-

- I sold the rims for Rm300+tires.Yes the tires may be expired but still in good condition as they were placed in a room(no cracked/hardened)...to say the tires were bad was understatement.

- I brought the rim all the way from Bentong to KL for him to see. I didn't take any deposit or payable in advanced coz I want him to see for himself.
He saw the rims & tires and the condition of both were in his knowledge....yet he decided to buy it...why only yesterday did he mentioned the tire botak..? He's not blind, for God sake...and I didn't forced him yo buy..

- And dear Tham, what did you expect from wheels that rolled the road for almost 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for 18 years anyway? For RM300? come on man..

- Didn't know you are so fussy...Gee...hope others don't have to sell anything to you in the future..

- Yes, I sell & buy lots of items in this forum, only this time I got into trouble. Anyone here who felt cheated by me please let me know..

- So guys think for yourself, coz I changed my mind already when I read this thread..I WON'T PAY HIM BACK!!!!
It up to him what he want to do with the rims...stove, flower pot..whatever..

Regards.

4 rims and tires are RM300 ?
I am not sure .. should I laugh or should I upset over this issue

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom