Jetco GB problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

macgy

Club Guest
hi, my gear box is giving problem, the 3rd GB to b exact. B4 this, GB still accelerate strong, no slip, reverse is normal, i.e no sign of GB going south but the trans program just came out and d car is now in limp mode.History of this 3rd GB: I convert to Jetco GB early last year, it was great until now, does anyone know where can i get a used Jetco GB?, what is d market price for this GB? i remember reading somewhere that it was cheap.

update: I parked d car for 3hrs, turn d ignition on and d trans program still there, then i took it for a short drive in limp mode, parked for 2 hrs and d trans program light is gone! going to clean d selector switch tomorrow if i can find where is it.

macgy;667539 said:
update: I parked d car for 3hrs, turn d ignition on and d trans program still there, then i took it for a short drive in limp mode, parked for 2 hrs and d trans program light is gone! going to clean d selector switch tomorrow if i can find where is it.

Brow, did u change transmission oil recently? If so do u see any signs of dirty oil? Is there a lot of black pepper powder or even shinning metal chips in the filter or at oil sump? The selector switch if not mistaken is inside the selector console( in front handbrake).

Anyway I got a jatco g/b willing to let go if u interested, it was unused as i went for manual, pm me if u r interested.

I hv not service the GB since it was repair last yr, i intend to change the gear oil n filter after raya holiday and see if the GB is ok, but if trans program light still come out, i ll hv to change GB, so how much r u willing to let go ur Jetco, what is d mileage?

Mileage is 89k, it was from the halfcut, I have never used before... Please offer me a reasonable price via pm

Btw, how intensive was the repair on the transmission last year? Did u change solenoid valve?clutch disk?

Swap from donor car (Jap spec), don't know whether mech change fluid & filter though he charged me, that's d problem when u can't DIY, I decided to changed to Jetco GB as many commented that d GB is very cheap compare to GM GB and it has 5th gear but it is not as smooth as d GM GB. I cannot diagnose d problem until after Raya holiday, it cld just b ATF problem but i might still interested in your GB maybe as spare for future.

macgy;667741 said:
Swap from donor car (Jap spec), don't know whether mech change fluid & filter though he charged me, that's d problem when u can't DIY, I decided to changed to Jetco GB as many commented that d GB is very cheap compare to GM GB and it has 5th gear but it is not as smooth as d GM GB. I cannot diagnose d problem until after Raya holiday, it cld just b ATF problem but i might still interested in your GB maybe as spare for future.

yes very cheap, market selling few hundreds (gearbox only). Sometimes the lack of smoothness also cause by the oil... but last time i manage to sit on a converted E34 with silky smooth shifting Jatco transmission, i think depend on your luck, i 've also never tried mine before, last time supposed to sold it but the buyer have some problem with the modification so at the end he returned the whole lot to me (g/b, long shaft, rear axle, TCU, etc.)

I would think RM800 would be a reasonable price for the transmission only. Just let me know if you wanna buy.

6099455849_a48cb9c9ff.jpg

Problem solved, it is d contact problem with the black connector to trans DME, unplug and clean with contact cleaner, Trans program code doesn't come out anymore.:rock:
Since problem has nothing to do with GB, I won't be buying another one for now, thanks for d offer and your comment.

update: I also decided to change the ATF & Filter as part of preventive maintenance.

selling with jetco gb from 525i japan halfcut = RM500... interested PM me

ECU for jetco also available

ahh...my car shows again the 'trans prog - refer to owner's handbook" message..i follow the advice given in the net as follows:

1. check the battery - ok (battery less than 6 mth)
2. clean the relay inside the comp. box - done
3. clean the black selector switch - done
4. reset the error code

however, the msg still appear..gb was replaced a year ago..so, soleniod and gear oil should be ok...anything more need to be done?

well, sound similar...I changed the ATF as pre caution, when d mechanic remove d oil, it look bad, doesn't look like 1 year old oil, so I believe the previous mechanic never charge d oil during GB change but still charged me. Can u confirm that ur ATF was really changed last year?

i cant confirm it but the job was done at albert..check with wireman and he said that gearbox controller needs to be replaced..is this so called gearbox controller refers to trans. control module inside the computer box? if yes, how much? need advice.

ok..finally found the culprit to the trans prog msg..it's the gearbox controller..located beneath the steering area (where the alarm module is located)..change that and walaa...no more error msg..damage? rm200..sigh..just imagine how much money i can save instead of replaced the gb..:motz:

Top Bottom