JERKING / STARTING PROBLEM .... HELP PLEASE..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
oh no.....the pics not right.there it shows the sensor on the bellhousing,which is not true.the sensor is at the front of the engine,sensing the toothed big pulley,accessible from the front rh side.
the connector is accessible from the LH side of the car,under the inlet manifold,plugged to the harness. :wink:

where is it located(the connecter) on m40 ?I think i'm facing the same problem too..even it happen rarely, it do happen especialy during traffic jam..it suddenly jerk macam nak mati enjin....it turn my face pucat man!! since it happen rarely it hard to show to mechanic...nothing happen when he test my car.....

Hi..

mine 318 E46... i think had a almost similar issue. It jerking 2-3 s after start and then ok after...
no problem at all while driving.. try to ram.. also no problem(no jerking). only during start.

Still donno what is the problem..
yesterday, went to workshop already and change the plug 4pcs, 1 coil and gasket (eng oil leak to coil).. worth RM600
but, last night still happen.. same thing.. so, need to go to workshop again today... damn!

Anybody can help.. or advice me... pls!

khalid2020;553577 said:
Hi..

mine 318 E46... i think had a almost similar issue. It jerking 2-3 s after start and then ok after...
no problem at all while driving.. try to ram.. also no problem(no jerking). only during start.

Still donno what is the problem..
yesterday, went to workshop already and change the plug 4pcs, 1 coil and gasket (eng oil leak to coil).. worth RM600
but, last night still happen.. same thing.. so, need to go to workshop again today... damn!

Anybody can help.. or advice me... pls!

Did you diagnose your engine? There are several possibility:

1. could be battery
2.Starter
3.Crankshaft sensor.

Mine same as you, after diagnose and changed the battery, nothing about sensor..Just a starter problem..may be you can try..

Thanks bro... will follow yur suggestion..

Battery should be no problem.. confirm already...

May be others 2 thing lah.. will advice my technician..

TQVM...

hello bro

lipisbimmer;81786 said:
bros,

usually my car will start on 1st try..... these 2-3 days it will only start on the 2nd or 3rd try.... or worst after trying so many times...

another thing, while driving, sometimes it jerks... like there is not enough petrol....

i've just serviced the engine and the mech cleaned my air-filter (open pod). he said that the thing have to be replaced soon.... should the filter be the problem?

or issit some weak fuel pump or what?

or maybe the spark plugs....

hmmm....

please help me....

tq

rgds :wink:

LipisBimmer

hello...
bro... i think your car have a spark plug problem
same me before i just replace new spark plug till now ok

sazaly889;559418 said:
hello...
bro... i think your car have a spark plug problem
same me before i just replace new spark plug till now ok

Bro the thread u reply was since 2006, maybe our friend no more using that and upgrade to X6 nowdays ha..haa..

Top Bottom