..is this weird or im missing something..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..recently I was driving my car to area i didnt know well so i decided to plug in GPS..since battery was low, I wanted to just plug adapter in to cigarette lighter socket in order to get my GPS up and running...on my surprise, adaptor didnt work even i plug it all way down as it suppose to be...same thing work just fine on my Rangie..now, here comes weird part..i thought lighter doesnt work or fuse is burned, but i still wanted to try lighter..so i plug lighter back and pressed it down..and guess what..lighter WORKS ... i mean..wtf ??! Adaptor (i tried few various devices) doesnt work, while lighter does, just fine...whats going on here..anyone had similar experience??

U can check the socket itself, sometimes the metal steel misaligned inside there..

Ecc0;626530 said:
..recently I was driving my car to area i didnt know well so i decided to plug in GPS..since battery was low, I wanted to just plug adapter in to cigarette lighter socket in order to get my GPS up and running...on my surprise, adaptor didnt work even i plug it all way down as it suppose to be...same thing work just fine on my Rangie..now, here comes weird part..i thought lighter doesnt work or fuse is burned, but i still wanted to try lighter..so i plug lighter back and pressed it down..and guess what..lighter WORKS ... i mean..wtf ??! Adaptor (i tried few various devices) doesnt work, while lighter does, just fine...whats going on here..anyone had similar experience??

My wife encountered the same problem with our Z4. However, I have not checked if the lighter works! Funny thing is, the same GPS works in my CRV lighter socket!

Top Bottom