Is cruise control standard?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Achill

Club Guest
Hello,found at Carworld.my under http://www.carworld.my/offer_details.php?offerid=442 a nice E46 y2000. Offer says, there is no cruise control, but the picture at least shows a multi function steering. Is the cruise control standard equipment or not? Would love to have one since I have to drive longer distances and I'm used to it.Thanks,Achill

Achill;394464 said:
Hello,

found at Carworld.my under http://www.carworld.my/offer_details.php?offerid=442 a nice E46 y2000. Offer says, there is no cruise control, but the picture at least shows a multi function steering. Is the cruise control standard equipment or not? Would love to have one since I have to drive longer distances and I'm used to it.

Thanks,
Achill
not on prefacelift model (1999-mid 2002), but if i am not mistaken, CBU has it. u can have the multifunction button on your steering, but it wont work without the system. but looking at the spec and pic, the cruise control should be available (unless its a typo error in the ads or the cruise control already mulfunction). so u better call the owner and clarify with him

My 2007 E90 320i no cruise control.. I know the end-2004>2005 E46 318i CKD has cruise control, electric seat, rain sensor, rear blind, dash CD player, 3-spoke multi function steering and chrome gutter. But I doubt I will ever use it in my 3-series, too much fun weaving in between traffic, even on long distance highway :p 5-series or higher maybe..

Multi function steering is more "standard" than cruise control because meddling with your radio or CD player, be it change channel or change volume is a traffic offense while driving in UK.

Look at the lights of the car, it look a facelift version.

Auto cruise is an option.. Check with the seller. If you read the advert, it state that extra: auto cruise is "X".

Auto cruise function is really NOT useful in Malaysia due to the high volume of traffic. To achieve constant speed on Malaysian road is almost near impossible as we have drivers who road hog on the wrong side of the road.

Ok, understand. Hoped the advert is wrong in some way. But if this is not standard feature, it might really doesnt have it.

Since I need to drive once a week to JB and back I use the auto cruise. At night time its really convinient. But its not a must have feature, will check back with the dealer.

Cheers,
Achill

jarance;394485 said:
Auto cruise function is really NOT useful in Malaysia due to the high volume of traffic. To achieve constant speed on Malaysian road is almost near impossible as we have drivers who road hog on the wrong side of the road.
Jarance, u r absolutely correct. The only stretch i could set it @ 150km/h & drive is btw 2nd link & NSH. But kena operasi polis peronda lebuhraya.

However, i would use it to go up & down hilly stretch of NSH. No need to increase throttle input or step brake.

Top Bottom