iOS 8.0.2

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seancorr

Club Guest
Hi all,

Anyone having issues with iOS8? I've just updated my iPhone 5 to 8.0.2 and now I cannot make calls. I am able to connect my phone to the car but when I press call, my phone initiates the call instead of my car so I can see the person picking up the call on my phone screen but not the car Telephone system.

Spotify seems to work through bluetooth at the moment.

What I did so far was to pair back my phone to the car but still doesn't work.

I am using iPhone 5 running on iOS 8 too. No issues with iDrive connection. Probably you should restart your iPhone and your iDrive and try again. Hope it works for you.

Same here for me, 8.0.2 with iPhone 5. No issues with idrive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay it looks like I will have to wait for www.bmw.com/update to release a new update for my iDrive. Below is what I've tried to do:

1. Update to the latest software from www.bmw.com/update
2. Unpair both iDrive and phone and restarted both systems then proceeded to pair them back together.

What is working now is just the audio streaming via bluetooth. For incoming calls, my iDrive will immediately show it as an active call with the timer of how long the conversation is when I haven't even answer the call. Worse part is my phone will keep ringing even though the iDrive says its an active call the moment the call comes in and I cannot even end the call unless I do it through my phone.

As for outgoing calls via iDrive, when the other party picks up the phone, my iDrive automatically ends the call but the call is still active on my phone and the calling party can't hear anything.

A look through other forums it seems that owners of other car brands are also facing issues with bluetooth calls including BMW owners in the States. Sigh now I can't use hands free in my car =(

When you unpair the idrive and iphone, was it done on both devices?

Also did you try deleting the BMW Connected App and then re-installing it again?

Try also not installing the BMW Connected App on your iPhone to see if the call functionality works.

Yeah I unpair both the phone and iDrive and then proceed to pair it again multiple times.

I also restored my iPhone to see if it had a bad update from 7.1.2 to 8.0.2.

Finally I tried with an iPhone 5S and Moto G and guess what...both iPhones running iOS 8.0.2 show the same problems when making and receiving calls but the Moto G which is running Android 4.4.4 works like a charm.

I then proceeded to contact Apple Support US and they said its most likely BMW's side that needs an update since the last update I got from www.bmw.com/update was dated back in 2012 for iOS 6....damn. I will be calling Apple Support tomorrow to continue with the troubleshooting with them over the phone as Apple Support online noted that the phone support team works with a lot more Apple departments than the online support so maybe they will have a solution and I will ask them to put in a request to BMW for more up to date software...fingers crossed.

Based on the news report, you are not the only one and it doesn't seem to only be the car manufacturer's fault. A few folks are complaning their bluetooth connection is also failing.

http://www.tuaw.com/2014/09/29/ios-8-0-2-probably-not-apples-finest-update/

Many users with car Bluetooth systems are finding that their phones now only randomly connect or don't connect at all. Manufacturer-installed systems for cars from Audi, BMW, Honda and several other companies are having the issue.

Sean, do keep us posted on the outcome of your complaint to Apple.

splee said:
Sean, do keep us posted on the outcome of your complaint to Apple.
I just got an official reply from BMW Group Malaysia regarding this matter after sending an email to BMW AG.

According to them; they've shared this issue with their product development team in Germany and at this moment they are working with Apple Inc as the adaptation to the Apple software has to be performed and is ongoing hence they ask me to look out for an update on the BMW webpage or refer to my dealer at a later date for the update.

So there you have it, straight from the source. Guess I will be waiting for an extended period of time for the update.

Thanks for sharing, definitely something that the rest of the members can benefit from.

Based on past experience. It's going to take some time before BMW release an update. For now we just have to live with it. Who knows, maybe the next iOS update may solve the problem.

splee said:
Based on past experience. It's going to take some time before BMW release an update. For now we just have to live with it. Who knows, maybe the next iOS update may solve the problem.
Yep I'm afraid it will take them some time to release so I'm hoping the iOS 8.1 update will somehow resolve the issue.

Mavik said:
A fix was reported on the Apple news sites.
http://www.cultofmac.com/298280/fix-bluetooth-connectivity-car-ios-8-0-2-broke/

Try it out here. Remember to reset all settings and not the phone ya!

Please read the side effects of doing that step
Hi Mavik,

Thanks the solution you mention above fixes the issue!

It seems that the Bluetooth problem is quite widespread http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/01/ios-8-bluetooth-connectivity-issues/

Some uses who installed the 8.1 beta reported the issue was fixed though.

After using it for a few days it seems that even tough I reset all settings, the problem came back after a few days. So what I did was to unpair both sides and restarted the phone then I proceed to repair them together in order for it to work again. Troublesome but got no other choice now until they can release a patch to fix this.

mychongck said:
Any way to view my iphone screen from the F30's screen?
Yes it's possible. You will need an Apple TV connected to the iDrive and AirPlay from iPhone.

splee said:
Yes it's possible. You will need an Apple TV connected to the iDrive and AirPlay from iPhone.
Apple TV connected to idrive!!! thats funny..itis a joke right?

mychongck said:
Any way to view my iphone screen from the F30's screen?
BMW does not allow you to project your iPhone screen to the iDrive screen like how Honda does it. I can't say if there is any 3rd party solution for it as I do not support modding such an expensive ride unless you're talking about putting rims and bodykits then its a different story.

Top Bottom