Intro - Tyres - And Electronics for my E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Pia

Club Guest
Hi AllHave introduced myself in the newbies forum - my name is Pia, and I own an E30, 1986 2 door 320i - my late father imported it from Germany almost 20 years ago, and I adore it!I have decided (finally) to spend some money and time on her - she is in running order, but definitely needs some TLC.I was out of town for a few months, and my ex-husband borrowed her - he got a flat tyre and instead of calling AAM (of which I am a paid up member), decided to drive the car for a couple km ... so the first thing I am going to do is get a new set of tyres - Pirelli P7's. So my first question is... does anyone reccommend any particular tyre place?The next thing I want to do is get her electronics overhauled, and a full inspection. Again - any suggestions? I was considering Utra-Tune - anyone have any experience with them? Suggest a particular person to speak to? Other alternatives?I also want to do the following (in no particular order):- Clean up any issues from full inspection (probably some break pad issues)- Replace front window screen (big scratch on drivers side)- Tinting - Replace a few bits and pieces in the car (rubber seals, internal lights etc)- Replace speakers- Repaint - Full detailing- Leather restorationObviously, the above are the things that spring to mind first, and are pretty much cosmetic. Rexmail suggested that I take care of the safety of the ride first (suspension etc) and I surely agree... I am looking forward to this process, and thank you all in advance for your enthusiasm, your suggestions, and your help!Take care, Pia

Pia,

For tyres....what size are you on? 14inches or 15inches? If 15inches, u may want to stick to the 205 width and this is pretty hard to find and hence, pricey. 14inches are easier.... and you should be able to buy them easier.

I dun have any shops to recommend but some ppl say Klang sell tyres cheaper than other places. In PJ, the famous Sunway road beside the Sunway theme park is also recommended.

On an overall car & electronics check, I can recommend M1 in Kayu Ara which is where I go. Not cheap but a quality assured job. Ultratune guys will not have much clue on older BMW like ours and will be pricey as well. ( my personal opinion )

Have fun with ur car and dun let ur ex-hubby drive her anymore.... :)

Cheers!

There is no way my ex-hubby will lay even a finger on her ever again!!! At least it was a good reminder about why he is my EX-hubby! heheheh.

Pia,

Many of us has gone through pain and hard lesson learning how to restore our e30. It seems you do have a clear picture of what needs to be done and what is your objective. Just be prepared with the $$$$.

It's not going to be a cheap affair.

Cheers

you mentioned electronics overhaul.....

could you be more specific on the part or parts that need overhaul?

e30s had less complicated and more user friendly than the newer models, easier to troubleshoot and require less electronic equipment to diagnose and repair

Pia;202030 said:
There is no way my ex-hubby will lay even a finger on her ever again!!! At least it was a good reminder about why he is my EX-hubby! heheheh.

Yeah... U r rite. Dont let ur hubby lay even a finger on her ever again and not even on you.. hehehe. But at lease u hv an ex-hubby. I only hv an ex-girlfriend.. hehehe

Lots of tyre shop around there. My oppinion, go for big and popular tyre shop where their turn around time is fast. Drop bye at few shops and survey the price first.

try out usj 18 tyres & auto accessories shop in usj 18... they are open on sundays n close on mondays. they sell tyres quite cheap there. refurnishing? i'm on my way too! =)

Top Bottom